 Dear LEGO / 1350
Re: New policy for LS@h
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 06:40:54 GMT

Jean-marc wrote:
I'm very desappointed about the fact that TLC has decided to close the
warehouse in Ontario, Canada. Now when I want to buy from LS@H, I have
to pay the US$ price + 15%HST (harmonized sales tax)! At least, before
our prices were lower than in the US but after adding the taxes we were
even...

All the prices I've seen where there were US and Canadian side-by-side
to compare, they worked out the same when you take exchange rate into
account. SOmetimes exchange rate fluctuations would give Canadians a
temporary break - and sometimes it went the other way.

The HST is a con all round, and you people in Eastern Canada need to
beat your provincial govts over the head about it if you want it to
change. Even better would have been before they agreed to it. Still,
people in Ontario before had to pay Ontario sales tax as well as federal
sales tax and I don't remember them complaining about it.

They still will ship it for "free" but now it will take 2 weeks to receive
it or more. I hope that I won't have to pay duty above all!

There's no duty on toys coming into Canada. And Canadian S@H used to
quote 2 weeks delivery time even though it only actually took a few days
(even to here in BC). Has anyone any actual experience yet of how long
it takes from US S@H to Canada?

I think, they should make different prices for Canadian because of those
*%&%$ taxes!

Never mind, you could be in the UK and paying 17% VAT!

Kevin
--
Email: kwilson_tccs@compuserve.com
Web page: