 Dear LEGO / 1257 (-20)
  Idea Books

I am fortunate enough to own copies of Lego Idea books 200, 226, 250, 260, and 697. Even after 20+ years of building with Lego, I still gain ideas and general building tips from the older books as I look through them. For the past few weeks I have (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

R2 <r2eng@primenet.com> wrote in message news:FnsGBG.4xI@lugnet.com... (...) vs. (...) You are half right half wrong. Molds are very very expensive to produce, especially when they should satisfy 0.00X type of dimensional accuracy, but if you are (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

(...) apologies to readers, Larry, and TLC. -Suz (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

(...) Just a FYI: I weighed a 2x4 plate at 18.6 grains, and a 2x4 brick at 35.4 grains. The brick is about 2x the weight of the plate. However, when calculating "cost" to produce a plate vs. brick, the 16.8 grains of ABS is not even a "blip on the (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Suggestions for Lego: My two cents

(...) I agree. And make them thicker in the middle than at the ends, for authentic scale models. (the problem being of course that that's used for perspective views looking up from the bottom of the temple, so not quite appropriate for scale models) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Calendar?

(...) hav an (...) me. (...) Is there anything available in the USA? -Duane (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Calendar?

Duane Hess wrote in message ... (...) LEGO do produce their own calendars. Below are the calendars I have: 1997 They were given to shop owners by the LEGO rep. 1998 They were available to customers through the Toyworld NZ shops. 1999 They were given (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Calendar?

Hy Richard, Afaik they did every year, I got them all lying around at my attick. I even do hav an Russian LEGO Calender, an friend of mine did some extra work and brought it to me. I dont know how its gonna be this year, but you never know. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Calendar?

On Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:21:32 GMT, Duane Hess uttered the following profundities... (...) They did one in Austria. Scans on my website below. Less the thumbnails, and pages 1-5, which I deleted only today, in order to make room for the Star Wars (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

[followups to lugnet.admin.general] (...) On that note, someone applying for posting privileges under the email address legoshop@aol.com today was just denied, after a bit of investigation. In light of LEGO Direct's recent appearance, and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

(...) *A* basic bucket? Well.... depending on your situation, maybe, and maybe not. As it was, I bought my boys 4 buckets of LEGO with about a thousand bricks in each. This seemed to solved _their_ housing problem. I don't know what it would take (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Introducing LEGO Direct

(...) Since I was the one that brought up the question about whether TLC no war toy policy was possibly based on WWII and the Nazis overrunning Denmark, I wasn't asking for any explanations from the family. First off, KKK was born well after the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Help The Homeless In Legoville!

(...) How is that going to help me, or the average child builder, build everything I mentioned in my note? I wasn't *just* talking about houses, you know. Please read my whole note: (URL) what kind of roofing do basic brick buckets have? Do they (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO Calendar?

Has TLC ever thought of publishing a LEGO calendar? As I was browsing at the mall yesterday, I saw a calendar for almost every other hobby, but none for the LEGO fanatic. I sure would like one for my office wall. -Duane (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

Well, I was just trying to cut them a break, but you've pretty much convinced me. Things are awry somewhere, and it's more serious than I thought. Thanks for the in depth analysis. I was familiar with the newspaper process, but not with the process (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

(...) No way, Larry. I worked in magazine publishing for years (I can tell you about pressure to get things out fast) but a mistake on the first page like "23nd" is simply inexcusable. The document is part of their PR kit. Facts & Figures is (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Brad: A way for almost ANY piece to be sold...

Jasper Janssen <jasper@janssen.dynip.com> wrote in message news:389fc259.966608...net.com... (...) I don't think so. If someone is working for a company, it should be paid, it should have its social insurance, etc., etc. Same here. Training wage is (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  My wish list

I wish Lego would bring back or make similar set like the following.. 4558 Metroliner 4563 Load N' Haul Railroad 4551 Crocodile Locomotive 4554 Metrostation 4536 Hopper Car 4563 Twin Tank Transport (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Suggestions for Lego: My two cents

Nephilim wrote (...) The technical term is fluted (?) And I agree. If they have to do it, go at it with style. Richard Still baldly going... Check out Port Block at (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

People! No doubt many of the people that write this copy are E2Lers and didn't spot that mistake. Me, I'd rather they rushed it out and got it out sooner. It can be fixed later. (although it does detract from the image to make obvious mistakes. Not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact