 Database / Set Inventories / 2417
Re: Peeron Exporting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2003 14:01:26 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Don Heyse wrote:
In lugnet.db.inv, Steve Burge wrote:
Cool, that works. Just a bit time consuming, but never mind - it's
something to do at the weekend...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention it's a bit slow.  I think it's on
my todo list to optimize it a bit.

I don't think the problem is at your end, it's just the load the web page
(hurrah for broadband), drag the text, save the file, import the file and repeat
for all 400 or so of my sets...

Someone pointed out to me that Parts Catalog can import the non-imaged version
of the page by exporting it as "Web Page, HTML only" and then importing that
into Parts Catalog, which works, but runs into the problem that Parts Catalog
has when importing certain exported files of giving you seperate entries for
each part instead of compacting it - so instead of getting:

    3 gray 1 x 1 brick

you get

    1 gray 1 x 1 brick
    1 gray 1 x 1 brick