 Database / Brictionary / *292 (-10)
  Re: LEGO Database Software

(...) you're describing a feature that we've been thinking of for Peeron.com. Unfortunately, I don't currently have the time to implement it, but it is planned :) Sorry I can't be of more help :/ Dan (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  LEGO Database Software

I've been searching for a software program that will let me track my LEGO parts inventory and compare my inventory to the available set parts lists and show me what set I can build. I checked out BrikTrak which does let me enter my parts inventory (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!

(...) When exactly did the transition to hollow studs occur? This *can* be cleaned up, sorta (see below), although it's time consuming. A parts database that allowed built-in ambiguity of which part a given inventory has might be a better solution. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) ...snip. Well I consider a common parts numbering system to be totally nessesary. I have spent the last 4 months counting and cataloging my collection. For the most part I have used LDraw number because that was what I had first. I have to (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) The question has been asked before, I believe it will be asked again. The general reason that a corporation would not cooperate in a situation like is that it would cost them money (ie, they'd have to pay people to spend their time dealing (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) I agree. Ask the question first, explain the benefit to the community, and hope for the answer we are looking for. It would seem to me that if the information is available on larger parts for public consumption, surely they would not maintain (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

(...) I asked italy@lego.com for the index number on the sticker sheet in 6970 after I hadn't got reply on this post: (URL) was told (in a very friendly way) that all information regarding discontinued sets has been destroid. (...) billund calling (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes: Hi Steve I applaud the efforts you, Dan and Jennifer are putting forward to making this work. This might seem like a silly question - but has anyone asked LEGO for the missing part numbers. As LEGO molds the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

Steve Bliss wrote in message ... (...) It's my understanding that Bricklink has been hoping for part number synchronization for a while - there has been a good deal of discussion of it recently and they seem to have given up on the possibility. (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: Proposal: New Part Numbering System

Yay! Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.db.brictionary)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact