 Database / Brictionary / 290
Re: Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 03:51:46 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Samuel Christiansen writes:
I think the issue below is one that bothered me a great deal doing
inventories of the pirate sets.  Many of those sets were done across the
change in minifig heads from solid to hollow studs.  That means that one
MISB set 6285 could have part number 3626a while another MISB 6285 could
have part 3626b.  Which do you list as THE inventory?  Right now Peeron has
chosen 3626a (although it incorrectly specifies 3626bpx13; the pattern is
right, but it should be a solid stud version), but both are valid in this
case.

When exactly did the transition to hollow studs occur?  This *can* be cleaned
up, sorta (see below), although it's time consuming.  A parts database that
allowed built-in ambiguity of which part a given inventory has might be a
better solution. . .

A similar problem cropped up with shooting vs. non-shooting cannons.
Currently the inventories for the various pirate sets choose based on
whichever version the person who inventoried the set had.  Right now the
6285 inventory lists shooting cannons, but if it had been a US version that
would be incorrect.  Clicking on 'Cannon - Shooting' (x110) brings up a list
that doesn't include the Red Beard Runner.  Didn't the Red Beard Runner come
with shooting cannons in Europe?

I *think* this is largely okay now
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x110c01
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/x110c02
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/518
The questions remaining are:
1) Is it true that every set with part x110c01 was alternatively issued with
part x110c02, except 5060, 5139, and 5134?
2) When did the transition from the earlier cannon to the type 518 occur?
3) Did any sets come with both the x110 and 518 types (at different times)?

TWS Garrison