 Database / Set Inventories / 1501
Re: Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 19:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Samuel Christiansen writes:
A similar problem cropped up with shooting vs. non-shooting cannons.
Currently the inventories for the various pirate sets choose based on
whichever version the person who inventoried the set had.  Right now the
6285 inventory lists shooting cannons, but if it had been a US version that
would be incorrect.  Clicking on 'Cannon - Shooting' (x110) brings up a list
that doesn't include the Red Beard Runner.  Didn't the Red Beard Runner come
with shooting cannons in Europe?

As a side-note on this issue, it's further complicated by the fact that it
depends on when the 6285 was bought in the U.S.  First-year U.S. sets DID
have shooting cannons.  I have a 6274 Caribbean Clipper and a 6276 El Dorado
Fortress bought in '89 in the U.S. with shooting cannons.  My 6285 was
bought much later, though, '91 or '92, and it had "disabled" shooting
cannons.  I'm not specifically aware whether there was ever a U.S. release
of 6285 with completely non-shooting cannons.

     -- joshua