 Database / Set Inventories / 1498
Re: Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 01:21:09 GMT

"Martin Bruun" <Citembe@dkmail.zzn.com> wrote in message
news:H5IEzp.8yK@lugnet.com...
A few things I am missing though, are that when doing an inventory of a • set
with one or more alternative models, you should always build all models in
turn. This way you are sure to include pieces only needed in the • alternative
models in your inventory, which is often the case in Technic sets.

That would only be true if doing an inventory from instructions, in which
case one should state it somewhere in the inventory description.

Also I think it would be a good idea to include a policy on parts found in
different version like 3062a / 3062b , 4085a / 4085b / 4085c and many
others. Sometimes when doing an inventory from a source other than a MISB
set it is very hard if not impossible to distinguish such minor • variations.
And I think a clear policy of what to do is needed.

Non-MISB inventories are for that very reason hard to do properly.  Wherever
possible, the inventory should be done from a MISB set.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

(Remove spamblock to reply.)