 Database / Set Inventories / 1496
Re: Peeron crosses 2000 inventory mark!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:11:49 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Dan Boger writes:
Been a while since our last post [1], but we've added more than 500 sets
since then, and now have more than 2000 sets inventoried!  That about half
of the sets in the LUGNET Guide[2], and with more inventories added daily, I
hope we'll continue to catch up :)

Also, some changes in the peeron interface (especially in the set view and
the front page) are all part of a recoding of peeron, with (hopefully) many
new features!

Check it out, and let us know what you think!

http://peeron.com/inv/

Peeron.com Admin Team

[1] http://news.lugnet.com/db/inv/?n=1431
[2] exluding the PRIMO and DUPLO lines, which we do not keep track of yet

Thanks for an excellent job, making Peeron a very valuable ressource for the
community.

I like the FAQ, very useful. I think it really covers many of the questions
often asked.

A few things I am missing though, are that when doing an inventory of a set
with one or more alternative models, you should always build all models in
turn. This way you are sure to include pieces only needed in the alternative
models in your inventory, which is often the case in Technic sets.

Also I think it would be a good idea to include a policy on parts found in
different version like 3062a / 3062b , 4085a / 4085b / 4085c and many
others. Sometimes when doing an inventory from a source other than a MISB
set it is very hard if not impossible to distinguish such minor variations.
And I think a clear policy of what to do is needed.

Martin