 Color / 268
Re: Color Change background
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 04:13:40 GMT

In lugnet.color, Alexander Molodozhenov wrote:
[...] I guess existing red, green, blue and yellow of Lego come very
close to those pure colors.

Actually, LEGO Blue is rather greenish, LEGO Green is rather blueish,
and LEGO Yellow is rather reddish.  LEGO Blue and LEGO Green are also
slightly desaturated (grayish).  This is by design -- as these colors
(especially yellow) look better this way in toys than "pure" versions.

I bet that one day in future TLC will go back to true grey shades as
they are so fundamental for the color system.

I believe so too.  Once they see the error of their ways, four or five
years down the road.

Of course, what we call classic "dark gray" is actually a rather warm gray
(which looks perfectly fine with all the LEGO colors).  The Scala light
gray is also a warm gray.  The medium classic gray (what we've always just
called "gray") is the only really neutral gray that LEGO has ever had, to
the best of my knowledge.

--Todd