 Color / 164
  Re: Color Change background

Jake, Thanks for working on getting this info, but... (...) Detail, please - exactly which way do you mean "organically" here? It can have more than one meaning, one which is {very good} for anyone building realistic displays. (...) There is a TON (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) I think "organically" in this context means that the broadening of the color palette was not guided by a deliberate, structured plan and was instead allowed to grow to suit the needs that arose over time. Dave! (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) 100% Ack. This shortsighted decision to invent "universal" colours and assigning them to an inconsistent palette is a sure sign of headless activism by a management that did not understand the situation at all. All they have managed by this is (...) (20 years ago, 13-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Christian already brought this *very* pertinent issue up on this thread. Obviously (to me) the wiser solution would be changing back the colours (although, arguably not the most profitable at short term). But if no action is taken - changing (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Typically, when said like this, "organically" means that it grew without a plan, according to the needs of the time. Its sort of was a fashionable term in the computer/tech world in the last 5 years. And as Jake has been a web producer for (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Then I submit that the people making this decision are colorblind. Noone in their right mind would change dark grey to dark bley, and say they were DONE with the color palette changes, that they had brought the colors more inline. As others (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) It is quite easy to make up your mind. Just build something in bley and white, and see for yourself how it looks like. Several others have already commented on this, but the best is to see this for yourself. Yours, Christian (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) But you are misinterpreting the applicability of the WORD organic as Jake used it. It was used by Jake to describe the color introduction PROCESS, not anything about the colors themselves. (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

No, I wasn't - I was asking him for verification. Where I used "organic" lower in my post, I was using it as in "organic tint". Completely separate from my request for verification on Jake's remark. (...) -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Sure, this would tell me if I liked it. So, this method is highly opinion based. I honestly don't know how much stock to put in it, but there is a real theory of color that artists use when discussing this thing. I beleive that most AFOLs who (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) When it comes to grey it all seems quite simple to me. Strictly speeking grey is something that uniformely reflects all the light in a visible range regardless of a wave length, say it reflects 30% of red, 30% of blue, and 30% of green falling (...) (20 years ago, 18-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Actually, LEGO Blue is rather greenish, LEGO Green is rather blueish, and LEGO Yellow is rather reddish. LEGO Blue and LEGO Green are also slightly desaturated (grayish). This is by design -- as these colors (especially yellow) look better (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Having a background in colour science, I feel qualified to comment. Most colour systems for artists (like Pantone) recognise the need for neutral, cool and warm greys. I can understand the reasons why TLC does not want to present us with a (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.color) !

  Re: Color Change background

(...) I've never had a problem with how well true-dark-grey and true-light-grey go together, though I'm not fond of how true-dark-grey looks with orange. Anyways, I guess that might explain the drastic change to dark-bley compared to the relatively (...) (20 years ago, 20-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Yes, the hue change from light grey to light bley was a lot smaller. But I understand why they couldn't leave it alone if they were set on changing the dark grey. Light grey and dark bley do not match. (...) OK, my use of the word "nothing" (...) (20 years ago, 22-May-04, to lugnet.color)