 Color / 1343
  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) That's a bit of a generalization, I'd say. I can peg dark-grey vs. dark-bley every time, regardless of the lighting (well, as long as there is some, that is), and I'm very accurate with light-grey vs. light-bley under flourescent lighting and (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) I only have trouble with the light greys. Dark Bley is an obviously different color to my eyes, and blown is different enough to be noticeable in most light- but the light greys give me fits even in sunlight. :-( (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) Heh, that's why I said "sometimes" :) I know there are those out there who can tell the colors apart better than I can. And I know there are those out there (some of the more colorblind of us) who have a very hard time with it. For instance, (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) Try flourescent lighting sometime. I'm thoroughly convinced that any focus groups that might have been asked about the bleys vs. greys had to have been shown the different colors under standard cool-white flourescent lighting like you'd find (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) Do you suppose the real reason behind the color change was to make the product visually "jump off the shelves" under the crappy lighting in Wal-Mart? This would make more sense than any other rationale I've heard so far, except that you (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) It's a definite possibility, and the only one that would mesh with the claim that they were bringing the three affected colors more in line with the rest of the color palette (even regular blue and dark-green have a distinct warm undertone and (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) Ah, yes. Even Target has those display cases, and they seem to have first appeared around the time of the color change if my memory serves me. (...) Yes, I mentioned this because I have known how surprising fluorescence can be since I was a (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) Nah, there are some truly old in-store displays out there (I remember seeing images of a Classic Space version that someone had managed to obtain). The more recent wave, I believe, goes back to the debut of either Star Wars or Harry Potter, (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

What was the purpose of the LEGO colour change? Well, I think the whole thing was not initiated by TLC. I remember that not only LEGO parts changed their colours - there were some grey shade changes overall: some medicine packaging tubes, ceiling (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Its starting to happen...

(...) I've read of things like that, particularly (URL) this>. Other than that, not much. Next time I'm in a city bus, I'll try to remember to look at the ceiling to see if it's blay. (I seldom ride city buses) (...) I've read of just such a thing (...) (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.color, FTX)