 Color / 1331
Re: Flesh colored bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:39:29 GMT

In lugnet.color, Timothy Gould wrote:

All those weird elements on BL have gotta come from somewhere.

I never minded it as a kid and I still don't as an adult. LEGO displays are
about displaying what can be done with bricks and since no child (or more than a
very few adults) has anywhere near enough bricks to build even a fraction of the
official displays using a few colours they can't get to make things look better
is no problem to me at all.

Tim

I never minded either. Miniland and the traveling shows were inspirational, but
I never believed I could build those from my personal collection. But I did have
trouble being instructed to actually TELL visitors to the park that they could.
And I didn't. I always stated "There are no special parts made just for
LEGOLAND. We have access to the entire range of colors, so you may see parts in
colors that don't exist in sets."

Then I found out about the special lamp-post parts that are moulded just for the
parks (or at least used to be). Stacked, they look just like 1x1 round bricks.
But in reality, they have no stud, and have a wider inside diameter to make
adding the steel rod, and electrical wire easier.

By that point, I was doing more brick inventory and model installation that
public interactions, so I didn't have to worry about addressing that issue.

My problem with the weird fleshy color is that it really only looks good on the
pigs in the Knights Kingdom area. I guess the buildings are ok. Oh, and I used
it as the flesh tone for some of the fairies in my Miniland production of
MidSummer Nights Dream, which MAY have made it into Miniland NYC. I'm not sure.

Aaron
EMBLUG