 Color / 1325
Re: Flesh colored bricks?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:20:32 GMT

In lugnet.color, Jonathan Lopes wrote:
I was poking around brickshelf and located some pix of the new Las Vegas display
in miniland @ LLCA and noticed some bricks in a color I didn't recognize:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/KevlarDax/LEGOLAND/LasVegas/dscn2326.jpg

Is there anyone who is familiar with them that might be able to confirm?

Best,

Jonathan

That is indeed a flesh color, you are seeing. Though I do not believe it is the
same as the minifig colors. Instead, it is an older color that originated in
either Belville or Scala lines. To my knowledge, it has never appeared in any
system sets, but there is a slim chance it was also in Fabuland.

It looks to me like the model shop is accessing all of their resources, using
old stock of this color (which was considered a 'special' color even by the
model shop). However, the quantities seen here make me think they have access to
more than just the 'on-hand' quantities they had when I worked there.

Sorta ruins the whole "everything in Miniland can be found in sets kids can buy"
line they like to push. HA!