 Color / 1004
Re: Pics from ToyFair 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:45:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.year.2005, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

Um, just one (loaded) question: bley?

Yes. Obviously! Why wouldn't it be? They said they're not changing back.  (the
preLEGO pics from the Times Square TRU PaB... that's all new light grey near as
I could tell)

As I commented somewhere else, this set is going to make those that want to
rapidly build up their bley plate stocks very very happy, as it is a RICH source
of a LOT of light bley plate, and those that want old grey back, very very sad.

The designer (Jorgen?) commented on that very fact. He's not happy about the
fact that at this point, no matter what the company does, some segment of the
fan base is going to not like it, and be set off by it, and he finds that very
frustrating. He also said that he finds the high level of complaining and
bitterness a huge turnoff, and it tends to not want him to take fan input at
all. He'll start reading LUGNET or whatever, looking for input, and run into
some foamer, and that's it, off for the day. He's not an uberfan like we are,
it's more of a job to him than a full time obsession, so you get the sense that
he's wondering a bit whether we have lives or if we are just raving lunatics.
(that's my interpretation of what he was saying, not a quote, and I may have
spun it inadvertantly, since I freely admit bias against foamers)

And, in my view, that's a horrific spot to be in with the company and its
people, after all the work that so many fans have put into forging ties and
getting the company to listen.

I know the following is not going to be a popular statement. I hate the color
change.

But thanks a lot, those few of you that can't get over it, that keep
destructively harping on it, that keep trashing the company over and over beyond
all reasonableness, for screwing up what the rest of us have tried to build. You
few (and I do NOT mean everyone that has ever spoken out against the change, I
mean the few destructive foamers) ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

I bet there will be some foaming against that paragraph too.