 Color / *249 (-20)
  "Bulk Bricks Online Survey" ends this week.

Hi everyone, I just wanted to let you know that the Bulk Bricks survey will be ending this Friday May 21st at 6pm Central time. This is the last week to let LEGO know what parts you would like to see possibly made available for bulk purchasing. Just (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.lego)

  Re: Fade to gray: Now with extra weepy

(...) (snipped) The pictures clearly say "I like to take blurry photos and post them as monstrous images on the web". (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Well I can say that my involvement in the hobby has been reduced almost totally to my local club (same one as Chris'). I will probably still make PAB purchases and get the Maersk Ship. I was going to get several of the Knight Buses until the (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: New train set Harry Potter 10132

(...) I heard somewhere that after the universal colors are set the tracks wouldnt change in color. (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  Re: New train set Harry Potter 10132

(...) Didier - This is interesting news, thanks for posting. This is just a friendly reminder to please follow up any discussions of the color change itself, frustrations, etc, to lugnet.color. Figured I'd get this one in early :-) XFUT --> .color (...) (20 years ago, 17-May-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Re: Fade to gray: Requiem for the old gray

(...) And dark grey...it is now only in my memories... (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Sure, this would tell me if I liked it. So, this method is highly opinion based. I honestly don't know how much stock to put in it, but there is a real theory of color that artists use when discussing this thing. I beleive that most AFOLs who (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Erik, this post just about killed me, especially the bolded part. I actually can't tell you how many times in a day that Ken and Barbie both get mangled by dogs (something else that doesn't happen to LEGO), are fully body-painted, end up face- (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Dude, if you think that, you need a reality check. You need to spend more time playing Barbie with actual 7 year olds. You have no idea what's on their mind. 7 year olds do not think like you suppose. I think it is probably universal that (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) The point is not about changing Barbie. The point is that the Mattel company doesn't have representatives in an online site for the adult Barbie fan community. The point is that only LEGO has Jake, and takes the adult fan seriously. --Bill. (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

When will we hear the results? In a week? A month? -Aaron "Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:HxK6pr.1Eou@lugnet.com... (...) many (...) this (...) like (...) love the (...) while, (...) Top 20 (...) a (...) will (...) (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color)

  Re: Possible red change?

(...) I keep saying: this has been going on for years. There have been many slight variations in basic colors. I first noticed variations in yellow in the same tub in 1998. I have three shades of yellow, two shades of blue, and at least two shades (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

1. Thanks for the explanation. 2. Don't put it on yourself - I really think that the color change problem should have leapt out and bit everyone at Lego on the nose. The problem should have been that obvious. 3. Be that as it may, it's time to move (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) Boy they sure botched that, (...) The details are every thing. I could do a study and come up with the fact that consumers perfer cinder blocks to Lego blocks if that is what I wanted to do. (...) Funny I've talked to plenty of non fans and (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Fade to gray: Requiem for the old gray

well I think the pictures says it all: (URL) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.color, FTX) !

  Re: Color Change background

Hi Jake, I was right! I was betting that although the color change was going to have a negative effect on those who've been collecting for years (like me) I was still trying to see things from a different perspective. I tried to put myself in the (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Color Change background

(...) <snip...> (...) Jake, A very sincere thank you for (1) putting up with our complaints and abuse, (2) carrying our message back to TLC, and (3) working so hard to bring details back to us. I am certain that this community will never know the (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Possible red change?

(...) It's hard to say. I think it's like the purple bus, a quality control issue. I just stacked some bricks and plates from the red pod with some bricks and plates from a martian set. You can easily see the pod hinges are more pale than the rest. (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Top secret project - we need your help

(...) The straight piece and its curved counterpart look quite useful and could make good bridges. When I saw the set I was put off both by the price and by the two inclined ramps, which are too steep for realistic town scenery and make up a large (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: Possible red change?

(...) It is difficult to say anything about colors for sure these days, but some variation i colors have always existed and are quite commonn when it comes to parts that requires some flexibility in the ABS. Parts like bricks with clips, (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact