 Color / *1234 (-20)
  Re: Light gray color change.. well.. non-lego...

"Ken Koleda" <kkoleda@gmspamfreeail.com> wrote in message news:IwtJHs.1o48@lugnet.com... (...) It'll be interesting to see a scan of the item. Also interesting would be to find a good digicam photography tips and tricks website, I think I could get (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: Light gray color change.. well.. non-lego...

(...) It's gray. The problem I guess is that the palce where I took the picture has both incandescent and flourescent lights and the white balance doesn't work right on the camera. I tried to tweak that in the paint program, but did not do it well (...) (19 years ago, 28-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay....and some general thoughts on the LEGO policy

(...) Dear Matt, I have to agree with your first sentence 100%. I myself would not have dared to type such an explicit expression here in an American newsgroup, but this is exactely what I still feel about blay... On the other hand: I do actually (...) (19 years ago, 26-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) It sucks. That pretty much sums it up. I guess I won't run out and buy that when I see it, and thanks for the info on track changes too - there isn't much new Lego that I find myself wanted to get anymore. -Matt :) Blayhaters Anonymous (19 years ago, 23-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) I know what you mean - At least you didn't buy a 369 Eur 10030 Imperial Star Destroyer, expecting grey but receiving bleys instead! No it didn't happen to me but imagine buying the set and being scared to open it to discover bley! Yes the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) John- My experience is that the color difference is easier to see in bright daylight and flourescent lighting, probably because they have more UV, and harder in incandescent. -Ted (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) Hi Ben! Did they burn you when you touched them? ;-) But I feel your pain. We quickly built some train modules in my basement for a train show last weekend, and my basement lighting isn't so good, so when we assembled the modules at the show, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.color, FTX)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) I can understand that feeling, Ben. The lack of information is the main complaint I have about the colour change. Since I don't have a 10027 though it is good news for me overall since it means I can procrastinate buying one for a while longer (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) Hi Tim, maybe it is good. But I hated to find out I had spent 75 Eur (=90$US) on a nearly useless set. LEGO should have changed the ©2003 to ©2006 or maybe they could have added a 2cent sticker on the box like "Contains new cool colors!". A (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  Re: 10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

(...) At the very least it means that there is a new run of 10027 which is good. Tim (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.color)

  10027 is now sold in blay.... :-(

Hi all, just a small update from the color frontier: A 10027 set which I boght last weekend has been full with blay parts. A 1000steine member found a blay version of Santa Fe engine 10020! ***...*** The level crossing 10128 appeared in a mixture of (...) (19 years ago, 21-Mar-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.color)

  Old Grey 1x1 Plates at S@H

Shop @ Home is selling 90-piece bags of 1x1 plates for $2.99: <https://shop.lego.c...asp?p=BAG2 old very light grey> <https://shop.lego.c...asp?p=BAG3 old light grey> <https://shop.lego.c...asp?p=BAG4 old dark grey> <https://shop.lego.c...asp?p=BAG5 (...) (19 years ago, 16-Mar-06, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.color, lugnet.announce, FTX) !

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) A few tips to make things a little safer; I use the blade of a miniature penknife to do my gouging, not a scalpel. Always cut towards the central frame of the wheelset, then flick the debris out - do it in one go for the smoothest result. You (...) (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

Hehe, guess I'm not used to seein' humor in Lugnet posts nowadays. :p Apologies, Ben. :) -Stefan- (19 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) You didn't waste my time Anthony. I've got the Super Chief with bad wheel sets sitting on a counter top at my office. I never did the repair and never ran the set because of it. Reading this thread just may give me the impetus to either do my (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Don't worry about it Ben, I never thought you were being harsh at all. I recognized the sarcasm. But I'm beginning to think I've wasted everyone's time. I've visited all the links you've pointed me to, and when I dug out my Santa Fe out of (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Dear Anthony, I never had the intention to be in any way "harsh" to you. If you felt like that I have to apologize. I just feel still bad with the "new" MEGA-Blok like colors. And I got warned never ever to mention these in LUGNET trains (or I (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Thanks for all the info Ben! I apologize if this question had been discussed ad naseum already, but I've done several unsuccessful searches for the info. I've been a castle fan my entire AFOL career, but I've always been interested in trains, (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

--SNIP-- (...) Apology accepted in advance ;) (...) Thanks for your compliments. Of course mostly working virtually means I don't have to worry about the colour change although I did set up bley to render properly for some of my stuff which was a (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Yeah, I thought that was the case . I'm not famous for my tact. Thanks for understanding us on the color issue and letting us talk! :) And apologies in case the tears short circuit your keyboard. ;-) BTW, your recent train mocs have been (...) (19 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact