 Color / 1232
Re: 10027 is now sold in blay....and some general thoughts on the LEGO policy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 26 Mar 2006 17:28:49 GMT

In lugnet.color, Matthew J. Chiles wrote:

It sucks.  That pretty much sums it up.  I guess I won't run out and buy that
when I see it, and thanks for the info on track changes too - there isn't much
new Lego that I find myself wanted to get anymore.

-Matt :)
Blayhaters Anonymous

Dear Matt,

I have to agree with your first sentence 100%. I myself would not have dared to
type such an explicit expression here in an American newsgroup, but this is
exactely what I still feel about blay...

On the other hand: I do actually own nearly half a million bricks. This is by
far enough even for bigger projects to be realized. And Bricklink is still full
with real SYSTEM grey. And I built a house 18 month ago: this can be paid much
easier due to the absense of System grey and desirable LEGO sets.

From January first on, LEGO has no moulding machine left for SYSTEM grey - Jan
Beyer gave a posting about that. This means to me the fight is lost: till
december last year LEGO was still doing both colurs and actually they could have
switched back to their 40-year-old colour pallette without any noticably costs.
Now blay (a perfect copy of cheap MEGA BLOK grey!) is their real standard at
last. Our fight against it is lost. Our hate may remain for long....

Due to this fact - old System grey still in the production process - I always
had the hope they might switch back. That has been part of my arguments within
last years CEO-letter. But obviously we are just a minority and have to bear
that as a fact.

So the trust in the company is damaged or even lost. LEGO lost a huge supporter
in me and other blay-haters. Now they have even begun to change the train system
and will lose other supporters as soon as the end of the 9V train system becomes
official.

And even under these conditions I love my bricks and the System idea behind. I
just do not Love the company which is throwing all its old values over board.
Only the best is good enough is past: the cheaper the better rules nowadays.

I stay happy with my 80ies and 90ies bricks which where produced in highest
quality standards. And German steam engines have always been black and red - no
grey or blay at all.

Leg Godt!

Ben