Re: Final call for the Gathering seats!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 19:41:58 GMT

Shiri:

Okay, I am sending you Black Pearl.  But rather than a seat, I just need a
place for my teeny Castle Blacktron MOC -- probably around 6" square on a
flat surface, and then about 9" vertical clearance. Will that work?

The appearance of Black Pearl at the Gathering is made possible by a
space-time anomaly created by the Castle World witches of 13.13.  Black
Pearl is being sent through the rift as special envoy on behalf of the
Blacktron Empire.  Surt I, High King of all of Blacktron , is always eager
to open diplomatic relations with new worlds.  It is said that Surt
sometimes jokes that "strangers are only members of civilizations that the
Blacktron Empire hasn't conquored yet."

Curiously, the witches claim that the unique properties of the space-time
anomaly may effect Black Pearl's memory, either upon arrival on Castle World
or upon her return to the Blacktron universe, so her role at the Gathering
should probably be seen as that of an "uninterested" observer of the events.
And of course, the Blacktron Empire calls upon the denizens of Castle World
to have translators, or translation drugs, available to Black Pearl for her
use.  She is travelling by way of a single occupant, long-range, cryogenic
pod and may also require medical assistance for a short while after the pod
is first opened.

...should Black Pearl survive her voyage, others may follow...

...it is my  belief that Black Pearl's activities should be monitored VERY
closely.  The witches of 13.13 are guarded on the subject, but I suspect
that the technology and tools of warfare of the Blacktron Empire may rival
those of Castle World. Black Pearl, herself,  is said to be a "rose of
hidden thorns."

Faithfully reported from 13.13 by the Castle World court jester,

Hop-Frog