Subject:
For Participants (was: Re: Final call for the Gathering seats!!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2001 02:59:50 GMT

Sorry to FUT my own message.

This post is directed to those of you who are definitely going to be at the
Gathering. (i.e. Physically at the Brickfest.)

I was talking to Nathan today and we brainstormed stuff to think about.
Here's what we came up with...:

- Who can bring baseplates and other backdrop stuff? We want as much scenery
as possible, so that the pictures come out good, as if this were really set
up in an actual campsite. That includes foliage and everything else you can
think of... mountains, rivers, etc, either baseplate-formed or made from
scratch. If you can bring baseplates (even plain ones), that's great. Nathan
recommended putting tape on the bottom w/your name... good thinking. :-)

- If you possibly can, try to prepare your campsite ahead of time and bring
it with you. I think (hope) that most people will do this - that means we
can get started earlier and add on other people's stuff as they arrive. Of
course if you don't have the right pieces or some'n, you can build it at the
fest (with K8 pieces, maybe? There were a ton of green slopes there last
year). But it'll make everyone's life easier if it's all ready ahead of time.

- Although I think planning out what the campsite will look like to detail
is not smart (people might not show up / suddenly show up / change their
plans / whatever)... I think it would be good to get a general feel of what
sorta settings people are going to bring... so we can group people together
(mountainous terrain on one side, a big river on the other, etc).

- I would love to know what people are planning / hoping to bring... if you
think you know, (or you're sure you know,) tell us! Share the ideas.

Personally, I am already designing and started building a small building for
Marck, Cleo and the bunch to stay at. The way I've planned it, it is on a
beach of a lake/sea, or a riverside. Part of the building is on the mainland
and part is built above the water.

Please share any input! And LMK if that is all clear, I'm not sure I'm
speaking actual English at this hour of the night. :-)

-Shiri