Re: An attempt to get back on track with my CW questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 19:15:33 GMT

Andrew, thanks for your provacative insights as well.

I do know however that people tend to be protective of their private hoards of
Legos(much as a dragon is with his treasure) and don't like to think of • giving >any up (regardless of how good the cause may seem)in trade.
Now one idea I've seen and really liked is the capital city idea.  This would
be a great central place for portals to other lands and interaction between
worlds.  With this idea in mind I envision CW like this:

This is a valid comment/problem among us LEGO users. Regardless of what we get
in return, its hard for us to part with our collections/pieces. Us castle
fanatics love many many minifigs for our armies; face it, it would be hard to
give someone your 3 RR Rock Monsters in return for 6 Crusader minifigs.
Because in the back of our mind we still want to have our OWN world with
various minifigs and creatures. I'm not so sure people would be willing
to "specialize" in one particular facet of the realm. Perhaps once CW is
implemented, we would be inclined to do things different.

Imagine CW as a wheel.  In the center of the wheel you have the capital city
and perhaps a group generated world that is unified in general storyline and
yet built by multiple persons.  Perhaps this world could have several major
good and evil characters fighting for control and iteracting in storylines.
Then from the Capital City you have the embassy buildings that have portals
(the spokes of the wheel) that radiate toward individual people's realms.  It
seems that in this way we could have the best of all things neatly contained
in the framework of CW!!!!  The center of the wheel would be where the
structures of CW exist along with lists of creatures and characters, and then
perhaps on the map of Castle World (which would look like a wheel with the CW
unified realm world map in the center) you could put links at the end of each
spoke that lead to the other sub-realms of members individual websites (kind
of like it is now on the Balladeer page).

Perfect. Now we have to decide who/what the Capital City is and belongs to.

My first inclination was just to create a really big map for my sake, and then
picture how it would all fit together. I thought along the lines of a big
country, containing many different kingdoms within it.

Thanks again to Craig, Shiri, Chris, Kyle, John,
binky, and Matt for all your feedback, suggestions, and opinions.  My wife is
not an AFOL (I know there is some term for her but I can't remember the right
letter combination) and only at LUGNET can I find a haven for my Lego
ramblings.

I *totally* know what you mean. I've learned not to try and talk too in-depth
with my wife about   1) cars   2) lego.  Eventually, after they seem to be
interested, you get blank stares. Thank Todd for LUGNET. heh

P.S.
I'm developing a storyline of the creation of a kingdom. I am currently
building a really, really large, cartoon-like map of the kingdom I plan to
build upon. I'm also developing a website so fellow fanatics can see my
progress and read about the exploration and settlement of the countryside.
My name for the project is Trizeta. I'll be sure to announce when I have
something cool up for everyone to see.

-Kyle