Re: An attempt to get back on track with my CW questions.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 21:01:20 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Kyle Peterson writes:

This is a valid comment/problem among us LEGO users. Regardless of what we get
in return, its hard for us to part with our collections/pieces. Us castle
fanatics love many many minifigs for our armies; face it, it would be hard to
give someone your 3 RR Rock Monsters in return for 6 Crusader minifigs.
Because in the back of our mind we still want to have our OWN world with
various minifigs and creatures. I'm not so sure people would be willing
to "specialize" in one particular facet of the realm. Perhaps once CW is
implemented, we would be inclined to do things different.

Good points here Kyle and I'm not sure if some folks will ever wish to part
with their figs CW or no CW.  (although if anyone is interested in talking
about possibilities let me know).

Perfect. Now we have to decide who/what the Capital City is and belongs to.

My first inclination was just to create a really big map for my sake, and then
picture how it would all fit together. I thought along the lines of a big
country, containing many different kingdoms within it.

I too have been developing a rough sketch of a map (on STONEAGE PAPER with a
pencil of all things!!!)  I imagine that I could use that as the end of my
spoke from the CW capital city portal.  As for the central world I think that
would be a great place for all the folks who use the "singular" force approach
to place themselves and fight versus or align with other people at the center
of the unified CW realm.  Each could design their own state, country, or area
within greater CW and the main CW map would just have to be updated
periodically by someone (the benevolent god or gods of CW).  As new people
would like to add areas to the map they'll just have to realize that these new
areas will be added to the outside of the current map in the unexplored wilds.

I *totally* know what you mean. I've learned not to try and talk too in-depth
with my wife about   1) cars   2) lego.  Eventually, after they seem to be
interested, you get blank stares. Thank Todd for LUGNET. heh

Thank goodness for LUGNET.  Before that I thought I was some strange guy who
still liked Legos.  Now I know that there are more out there like me and a
term for those of us who refuse to completely grow up AFOL!!!!

P.S.
I'm developing a storyline of the creation of a kingdom. I am currently
building a really, really large, cartoon-like map of the kingdom I plan to
build upon. I'm also developing a website so fellow fanatics can see my
progress and read about the exploration and settlement of the countryside.
My name for the project is Trizeta. I'll be sure to announce when I have
something cool up for everyone to see.

This sounds great!  Let me know how it is developing.  I've just started to
take digital pictures of my stuff and I'm trying to master how to make them
look right (what kinda light, flash or no flash, backgrounds to use, etc...)
This is much more complicated then I thought from looking at other people's
websites.  Now I can appreciate them much more.

andy