Re: Land Ho, An Isle of Mist story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2001 15:45:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Cale Leiphart writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
Hi Cale!!

The story gives a good introduction to the main characters. Good job! I like
the little exposition about Joshua and Catherine's past, and yet you manage
to keep Catherine seem a bit secretive. An air of mystery around her motives.
Thanks for the compliments. I'm not sure where I'm going with the story yet.
I guess that might depend a little on what we find once the mist starts
receeding.

I'd strongly suggest everyone's characters/parties have a goal for going to the
Isle.  It doesn't have to be earth-shattering or anything, just an ulterior
motive that guides what they'll do and how they'll react to situations they
encounter.  Some possibilities include:  Basic exploration, Natural resource
survey, Colonization possibility survey, Treasure hunting, or Tracking a
criminal.  These give you something to do right away upon arriving, and it'll
govern what you do when you meet new people or creatures.  Remember, each
character can have seperate motives, either public or secret, as well.  :)

Jeff
"I like swords."