 Castle / 958
Re: Future New Castle Weapon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:31:11 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Moquin writes:
In lugnet.castle, Mike Kane writes:
The castle theme has a very nice variety of weapons that have been made for • it
over the years, but one conspicuously absent from the theme has been the • mace.
In my opinion, maces are friggin' awesome, and I think it would look pretty
cool if lego made some.  Is there any way to suggest new ideas such as this
to the Lego Group?  Additionally, Lego really ought to produce some big,
heavy-looking
clubs...

Mike

I'd second that on the mace, and now with the advent of Lego chains we could
also have a mace and flail!!  I also think they could do a couple of
variations on the Halberd as well.

Any other weapons people would like to see?  Daggers, Kris-blades, Double-
headed axes, War-hammers ....

Dan M.

Maces would be my first choice - flanged, but I'd take spiked.  A wavy-bladed
flamberge would be cool.  I've pressed the Adventurer's pick into service
(gotta saw down those legs to make dwarves).  I suppose it's too small even for
a horseman's warhammer, but I've got some lego hammers coming (the picture
looks like a soft-rock hammer).  The Hollywood favorite Morning Star (chain and
spiked ball) would get a cult following!  :-)

There's a multitude of pole arms, but they are just some combination of cutting
edge, spear point, and hook/spike.  Glaive, guisarme, bill, etc.  The halberd
is probably their best representative (other than the pike).

Bruce