 Castle / 957
Re: Future New Castle Weapon
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:16:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Moquin writes:
I'd second that on the mace, and now with the advent of Lego chains we
could also have a mace and flail!!  I also think they could do a couple of
variations on the Halberd as well.

I like outrageously exaggerated weapons, like the HUGE scythe I made for my
Grim Reaper (based on an idea I got from someone else).  One weapon I've made
is a giant mace for a mounted warrior.  I took a black flag pole and attached a
dark gray chain to the end of it.  On the opposite end of the chain I put one
of the black 1x1 bricks that has a stud on all four sides and on the top (the
same piece I used for my jester hat).  Into each of the four side holes I stuck
one of the little silver knives from the Aquazone sets.  Like I say, it's
*totally* exaggerated in size, but it looks super cool in the hands of a
mounted Bat Lord.  (Yes, I like both Basil the Bat Lord *and* his winged
helmet...but only for one special "character" minifig.  I agree that it gets
annoying when you've got a dozen of them.)

Any other weapons people would like to see?  Daggers, Kris-blades, Double-
headed axes, War-hammers ....

I'm really happy that the new Castle sets will be coming with brown crossbows,
but what I really want to see are brown swords for peasants and forestmen.

Rick Kurtzuba