 Castle / 909
Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 05:07:24 GMT

craig hamilton wrote:

hi, michel ~

Hi Craig, I'll take this chance to thank you for the reply and mention
what a nice page you've got. (It gave me some ideas for
one of my miniatures)

welcome back to lego!
  i've made a swash-buckler, but used the adventurer's broad-rimmed hat.
garnished with a plume, it takes on a totally different character.  these hats
also come in black, now. i used the black one (from #5902, a $2 adv. polybag
set) with a white plume.

Hm.. I'll have to keep an eye out for one of those, but I think it looks
a *little* off for what I was envisioning. But I'm bad at visualizing
things until I build them sometimes.

  your idea for creating a rapier from a lance is quite inriguing... but a
pirate cutlass works well enough. for a small dagger, why not the silver one as
found in underwater sets?

Yeah.. I'm going to keep filing at the lance.. But I think I will go
with the cutlass.
Are any (cheap?) underwater sets including the small dagger still in
'print' and still around?

  for a torso, i'd suggest the open white shirt/ green vest pirate (as in set
#6250) this head/ face even works for a swash-buckler as well... a black dart
maul cape might be a nice touch...

Hm, too bad pirates arent really around?
Much as I hate to take a piece from it and risk loss, I'll have to look
at the torsos
on my Black Seas Barracuda's pirates and see if there's anything
similar. (Couldnt
see a picture of the white shirt/green vest pirate for that set you
mentioned.. Maybe if I search for instructions for the set? [which I
think isnt far out of print])

  my dude has some accessories that he carries with him... a black (wild west
bandana, for a disguise), a 1x2 tile/ love letter (from the new belville fairy
tale sets ~so "dangerous liasons"!), and of course, coin of the realm. ;-)
  i guess my castle theme swash-buckler is a bit of randy rogue...

a three musketeers castle theme would be ideal! i can picture the tunic pieces
being similar to mini-fig armour elements, with the decor and color of the
horse bardings.  the adventurer hats in red and blue would be perfect...and
they'd _have_ to make rapiers then!

later ~ craig~
I totally agree that a musketeers-era and place setting would be cool
but probably only in a limited number of sets which probably wouldnt
be as commercially viable. Unfortunately.

-Michel