 Castle / 924
Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:50:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Heather Patey wrote:

Craig, your minifig ideas (as usual) sound great.  I've been hankering after
the pirate with the white shirt and tan vest for this very use, in order to
build the final scene from "The Highwayman"

I'd dearly love one of those as well.  Would that be the Noyes poem "The
Highwayman" (set to music by Loreena McKennit, among others?)  A great poem
(and song), but a little...er...*dark* for LEGO 'figs, no?  Especially that
final scene?

  jeff ~  would you belive that the lorena mc-kennit song is what inspired me
to make this fig!? poor forest babe got bound! i love building "dark" things
from lego. the juxtaposition is interesting.(~ & funny; especially when
mini-figs are involved!)
  as kids , we built simple worlds of lego, as adults, our creations are more
complex, be it the technological details of a robot, or the socio-poltical
systems of a castle populace. AFOLs who enjoy mini-fig modeling are allowed to
get dark with it! (apparently..)

later ~ craig~ (~who ALSO is looking for a brown vest pirate..)