 Castle / 921
Re: Minifig question.. Swashbuckler?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 01:17:41 GMT

Craig, your minifig ideas (as usual) sound great.  I've been hankering after
the pirate with the white shirt and tan vest for this very use, in order to
build the final scene from "The Highwayman"; but he's rather rare, only from
6277 and 6286.  There's a curly-mustached head that would go well on him too,
don't know where it's from.  Must try the adventurer's hat, that sounds just
the thing.

Cheers, Heather

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
<snip>
i've made a swash-buckler, but used the adventurer's broad-rimmed hat.
garnished with a plume, it takes on a totally different character.  these hats
also come in black, now. i used the black one (from #5902, a $2 adv. polybag
set) with a white plume.
your idea for creating a rapier from a lance is quite inriguing... but a
pirate cutlass works well enough. for a small dagger, why not the silver one
as found in underwater sets?
for a torso, i'd suggest the open white shirt/ green vest pirate (as in set
#6250) this head/ face even works for a swash-buckler as well... a black dart
maul cape might be a nice touch...
my dude has some accessories that he carries with him... a black (wild west
bandana, for a disguise), a 1x2 tile/ love letter (from the new belville fairy
tale sets ~so "dangerous liasons"!), and of course, coin of the realm. ;-)
i guess my castle theme swash-buckler is a bit of randy rogue...

a three musketeers castle theme would be ideal! i can picture the tunic pieces
being similar to mini-fig armour elements, with the decor and color of the
horse bardings.  the adventurer hats in red and blue would be perfect...and
they'd _have_ to make rapiers then!

later ~ craig~