 Castle / 8364
Re: Forest of Blood Chapter 3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 15:05:42 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacobsen writes:
Well, after a much longer than desired lull in working on my web site due to
an ailing computer, I've finished up the last of the three parts presently
in the Forest of Blood.

http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Castle/Fob-main.htm

Wow Joel! Good job! I was hoping maybe they'd manage to resist, but that's
coz I'm a sucker for happy endings, and anyway, resistance is futile, right? ;-)

The ending was really good, and a cliffhanger of a different sort that
you''ve shown us so far (if that makes sense). I think what made me
assume/hope that they would win is the fact that you portrayed them as
really likeable characters, (which is good,) so killing them off (or
undead-ing them? Uhhhh...) was not so much expected! Or maybe I should've
seen it coming, expect the unexpected, or something like that? I follow that
rule when I write my story.

Ah... but to borrow a quote from "The Mummy" -- Death is only the beginning...

These three chapters were written for two reasons - to introduce these four
characters, and to serve as the preface to the 'real' stories to come.

Admittedly there isn't a "lot" of meat to the chapters, but there are some
important tidbits about the lands within them if one looks. ;)

-Shiri (who really wants a happy ending for her story, but is contemplating
after a friend told her not to sacrifice the plot for the ending! ouch!)

My wife is annoyed with me because of the ending, too. ;)

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE happy endings (that's why Gladiator went from
being an 'awesome' movie for me about 2/3rds of the way through to being an
'ok' movie with awesome graphics work when it ended.).

There isn't much that I can say other than - we'll all have to see how
things turn out when all of the cards have been dealt and the last hand has
been played. ;)

Joel J
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm