 Castle / 8053
Re: New Castle Lego Site
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:40:56 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.castle, Brian Kasprzyk writes:
http://legobuilders.com

What the heck kind of URL is that?  Are you an ACTUAL TLC employed builder?

Some of those custom figs are VERY good!  I especially enjoyed seeing Lady
Nicole Falcon, The White Wizard Samual (cool use of the Belville Princess
crown), and Commander Klaglich (I myself build such chariots, but that
warhammer -- that thing is awesome!!!), and The Medusa (were snakes actually
injured in the building of that hat?).

Some of the constructions were equally impressive.  That's the best
waterfall I have seen! And I liked the use of those pirate baseplates in the
Loriac Forest a lot.

Thanks for sharing this great site. If I had any quibbles about the
navigation it would simply be that there are too many links -- I would have
preferred whole pages for each group of heroes, rather than giving each hero
his own page -- whereas you were probably looking at load time for each page
when you decided to do one hero a page.  Some of the links are apparently
dead.  And some of the backgrounds tile on large monitors.

Overall the site was a great pleasure.

-- Hop-Frog

thanks for the feedback.  I would be interested in the dead links.  I went
through the site pretty well and don't recall dead links.  If you have time
or remember some of them, I would be greatful for the info.

I do not work for Lego.  I just bought the domain name.  It wasn't bought or
trademarked, so it's was up for grabs.

I did put the figs on individual pages for the sake of load time.  I run on
a modem and so I did all my testing via modem.  The background images were
an issue for sure.  There are so many different monitors and settings on
peoples' machines that it made it hard to pick the best background size.  I
almost didn't include them, but Andy and I didn't want to lose the feel of
the site.

Snakes were injured in creating Medusa ;-)