 Castle / 7363
Re: Top 8 ways to get out of a slump ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 07:28:48 GMT

(I agree with Mark, so XP to .build)

In lugnet.castle, Pawel Nazarewicz writes:
1)  Get Detail Oriented.

<snip>

Or an Inn.

<snip>

6)  Think Small.  Start with a character and then think of what crazy stuff
happens to them.  Before you know it, they need an enemy, a friend, a
setting (forest, castle, etc), and you are on your way.

7)  Write A Story.  This will help you get detail oriented too ... you can
pack in a lot of action into  a small setting (like an inn or tavern).

To Pawel's defense (not that he needs any, his ideas are all great ;-), his
few ideas got me out of my own builder's block back around November-December
of last year. Felix, Scar and Peck came first, then my inn, and it just kept
going from there... he advised me to start with a few characters, and it
worked!! Dunno where I'd be without him today ;-)

later all,
-Shiri