 Castle / 6951
    First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Thomas Mitchell
    Greetings all, I'm a long-time lurker, but this is my first post. So please take it easy on me if this isn't the correct forum to ask these questions :) My friend and I are going to be using the BrikWars rule set to run a fantasy-based LEGO war (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Larry Pieniazek
     (...) Hey, glad you delurked. Your questions are probably valid in .castle but may get more answers if cross posted to lugnet.fun.gaming as well, that's where most of the BrikWars devotees post about their games and such. I crossposted this reply (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Eric Joslin
     (...) That sounds like a good start, definitely. (...) Shaun Sullivan and I attempted something similar (unbalanced forces), although we just had a surprise factor (ie, one side was campd for the night and had to scramble to weapons and vehicles). (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

         Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Thomas Mitchell
      (...) Hello Eric, Thanks for your comments and link to the squad/individual discussion. Concerning wizards and arcane/magic stuff, I think we'll shy away from that for the initial confrontation. We'll probably stick with plain-Jane ground troops and (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.gaming)

         Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Eric Joslin
     (...) Of course! I happen to know that a revision for the rules is in the works, though, and that will clear up a lot of problems- plus, if you are just starting out, you'll have enough to keep track of with the regular troops, and SPs would just (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

         Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Mike Rayhawk
      (...) If there's one thing that you can rely on in BrikWars, it's that there will always be a rules revision in the works that will clear up a lot of problems. You should start seeing the effects of the current revision in the latter half of this (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.gaming)

         Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Thomas Mitchell
     (...) Eric, Sorry about all the cross-posting. I'm still sort of new here, and I keep forgetting to keep my messages posted to the correct topic. Cheers! T.J. (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.gaming)

         Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Eric Joslin
     (...) Hey, I don't care, I read most of the newsgroups, and I'm guilty of posting in the wrong place occasionally, too (especially when it's a follow-up). Posts about ideas for LEGO siege engines belong in lugnet.castle, have no fear; but if we're (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.gaming)

         Re: LEGO wargaming questions —John Carroll
     What rules system are you using? Where can I get a copy of it? I had found a rule system about 5 years ago (it was only space rules tho I am particurarily looking for medieval) and convinced all my friends to dig up their LEGO and that we should (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.gaming)

         Re: LEGO wargaming questions —Eric Joslin
     (...) BrikWars. It's free, it has it's own website, and it's constantly being expanded. You can find the rules online here: (URL)I had found a rule system about 5 years ago (it was only space rules tho I (...) BW covers all ages. (...) You should (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.gaming)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Anthony Sava
   (...) Well, not to toot my own horn, but I have a few siege engines pictured on my website. Three of the four, admitedly, are directly from sets, but I do have a working Trebuchet on my site if you're interested in looking at it. I guarantee you (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Thomas Mitchell
     (...) Greetings Anthony, Thanks for your post and link concerning siege engines. If you don't mind I'm going to shamefully copy your ballistae design and mount it on each of the 4 turrets on my keep. I think I'll leave the trebuchet for another (...) (24 years ago, 4-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) That Trebuchet is really cool. I assume it was inspired by Age of Empires 2. A side not about the cannon however. FYI This is straight from my history Professor. While rudimentry cannon were employed posibly as early as the 800s (though more (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Anthony Sava
   (...) Actually my Trebuchet is insipred by the real life siege engine. Despite popular belief, yes, the Trebuchet is a real historical weapon. Feel free to go to the PBS NOVA website and look up their special on the medieval siege, where men for the (...) (24 years ago, 5-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: First post and LEGO wargaming questions —Mike Petrucelli
   (...) I realize that, but ever since AOE2 came out I seem to have seen Trebuchets showing up in all sorts of things. Like all of a sudden they are popular again or something. (...) That is why Lego is the best toy in the world. -Lord Insanity (24 years ago, 7-Dec-00, to lugnet.castle)