 Castle / 6742
  Feedback on website wanted

Hi all! It's been about a year since I've posted, but things are beginning to slow down at work and once again I'm turning my free time towards lego related things. I doubt many of you remember me, but I worked on the webpage with Robert Carney's (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

(...) The site worked well and fast for me. (Netscape on Linux). The B&W effect took me by surprise initially, but I think I like it - it is appropriately "old". So long as I can tell a clicked link from an unclicked link, which I can. I spent quite (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

Welcome back Anne! Hope this means we'll see more of the Dr's Castles!!! I kind of miss the little icons with the castles, though I do like the look and feel of the new site! I like the added information on the castles themselves! Gives us all a (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

In lugnet.castle, Anne Sullivan writes: [About the site she made for Robert Carney's castles] (...) While I doubt we've ever talked, I can assure you that I, just like anyone else who has ever seen them, was amazed by Robert Carney's works... they (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

I've drooled over Mr. Carney's castles for years, and your site is just a great improvement on the original, with lots more detail, history, and extra goodies. I've bookmarked it, and will be returning often. Thanks, and keep up the good work! Robin (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

(...) Hi Anne! Hey, I saw a site about 9 months ago that had his castles on it. The new site looks great, and has been updated from 60+ when I first saw it to 70+ now. Do you know what the new ones are? Rob robo2705@hotmail.com (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

The site you saw before was the old site found at (URL) put up a link to the castle lineage that lists the castles he worked on and when. You can see that at (URL) that answers your questions. :) -Anne (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

(...) pages on the lineage page. (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

The new site looks terrific. The subdued colours work really well. Man, I love that Chillon castle (not that the rest aren't amazing too). -- Paul Davidson Anne Sullivan <jynx@end.com> wrote in message news:G3zsoJ.3CE@lugnet.com... (...) few (...) (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

That's the plan. :) I just figured I'd do it after all the castles are done since it'll be easier than updating that page every time I add a new castle. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll make sure not to forget to do it. :) Thanks again, Anne (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

Thanks for the feedback Tamyra! I was considering putting images of all the castles on the main page, but that would sure be a lot of graphics to load. I'm not quite sure what would be a good solution for this. As for the lineage page, he has in (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

(...) Very nice, Anne! I had the fortune of stumbling across your page back in early spring this year and was stunned by the accuracy and attention that Dr. Carney puts into his projects. The new layout is very nice. I noticed a broken link - for (...) (24 years ago, 16-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

Joel, Thanks for pointing out the broken link. I checked again today and it's still down, so I removed the link from my page. I think keeping the links up to date is going to be a job in itself. *grin* Thanks again for the feedback! -Anne (...) (24 years ago, 17-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

(...) "If this is torture...chain me to the wall!!"(Insert Cheech Marin voice) I can think of worse projects and subjects to have to maintain.. ^_^ Great work. It (and others) is inspiring me to actually learn how to make a good page rather than the (...) (24 years ago, 21-Nov-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Feedback on website wanted

(...) Anne, we've got a link to the above from the /castle/ area here and also from CLSotW back in 1999... I just noticed it's giving me a page-not-found error. Is there a new URL for Bob's castle stuff? I'm a huge fan of Bob's work and I'm sure (...) (23 years ago, 11-Feb-01, to lugnet.castle)