 Castle / 5655 (+20)
  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Actually, the old news that I has heard (from www.aintitcool.com) was that the C of E turned down the request because they weren't happy with the idea of one of their cathedrals being turned into a wizard's school. eric (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) for (...) all (...) in (...) Did I not say that I would be posting no spoilers? I thought that I read that the first view was with four prominent towers, if I was wrong, fine, I just need to re-read it. Thank you for your corrections and (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I have to admit that this entry surprises me. Several times over the last few months (as recently as July 24th), you've posted messages indicating you want to buy or trade for the 6090 castle. Now you have it and want to sell it? While (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Ack! I just wanted to reassure other that what I was going to say wasn't a spoiler. I'm very sensitive to spoiler information of all stripes. In fact, I would advise anyone within the sound of this post to avoid the second half of the (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

I got books 1-4 in hardback by joining a book club - 6 books for $1-2 (plus shipping of about $10), and I have to buy 4 books over the next 2 years - of which I figure 2 will be Potter books 5 and 6. It should work out to less than paperback cost by (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I'm a little confused about this post also. James contacted me a couple of months ago when I advertised my 6090 for sale. He seemed interested for a while until he decided that my price with shipping was close to what he could pay for a new (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

(...) Explain to me how Fright Knights don't fit in with other castle sets. <<KM>> Zoobomafoo! Wha-haa! (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) Sniff! I got books #1 and #2 through the Doubleday Science Fiction book club here in Canada, and had ordered #3. I got a letter back saying that the publisher wouldn't let them publish anymore (including #2), so that I couldn't get #3 that (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I sincerely doubt that anyone could find a 6090 in any store anywhere in Australia, especially not in Melbourne which is where I believe he lives. He may have meant that he could buy the lastest castle set for that price? Of course, it is (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

(...) I got the word that it has now been resolved satisfactorily. But it seems strange that something he was after, now ends up on his trade list. Bit like the train station transaction. (...) pete.w (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

Todd, Is there a lugnet.harrypotter in our future? I think (pure speculation) that the movie will be primarily CG - think about Hagrid - he just wouldn't be done 'right' with the old styles of filming tricks... Gene (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Harry Potter (Film) Set

(...) I've heard Robby Coltrane is supposed to be cast as Hagrid, but I hope they'll use a bit of CGI trickery (as in the Merlin, Arabian Nights, and other tv series and the hobbits in LOTR). - Sean (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

Hello, To all those who have replied, I got a 6090 MISB from the internet at $150USD at YAHOO! Auctions, I have recently been looking at it and I don't seem to want it, obviously I wouldn't be able to get one in Melbourne! About the train station (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

Andreas, So uyou're the one who got everyone the thing that I got it from my local shop! I bought it on the internet for $150USD on YAHOO! I am annoyed how everyone has now abused me for this. Regards, James (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: FS/FT: OLD and NEW SETS

James, Given you're only 12, making such comments as "come to my house...ask my mum" are excusable. But please understand that the people that you are dealing with are adults (most probably) and deal with issues in a mature way. LUGNET is a (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001 ?

I agree! TLC has to stay modern and try new sub-themes to draw in other would be customers. They have seriously hurt a portion of their customer base with the juniorization of many of the lines. True hardcore Lego lovers like to BUILD their own (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castles Scenarios - Advice needed.-

Hi, I was trying to write a peice on how to make castle and surrounding setllments seem more real. I hit one the (by now not so new) idea of scenarios. However I need some advice on how to create scenarios effectivly and what needs to be considered? (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

Is this set only sold in Europe? It would be nice to have a cheaper set to beef up the Bull's army available in the U.S.. (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Will there be more Castle in 2001? what ya think ?

(...) Comments below then. (...) Sounds good to me! Any new styles for peasants are welcome :^) (...) Unlikely, TLC has only so many moulding machine to manufacture sets, so when something new arrives something old goes away. (...) Some people (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Knight's Kingdom Set 4807

(...) No, it's also available in Australia. I believe it is called "Fire Attack". (...) I don't think it is available in the US but as I'm not from there I can't say for sure :) Maybe you'll get it later this year or early next as a theme "top-up"? (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact