 Castle / 5073
Re: Great Eastern Wall
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2000 06:35:41 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Mike Steele writes:
One evening back in January, I was watching a Discovery • Channel documentary on
the Great Wall of China.  The next day at Wal-Mart, I • found several copies of
the LEGO Flying Ninja Fortress (<set:6093>) on • clearance.  It was almost like a
sign from above what my next model should be.

Please come visit the newest model on my LEGO Castle • Page, the Great Eastern
Wall, at:

http://home.earthlink.net/~mesteele/castle/

--Mike

Fan-Brickin-Tastic!

I love the pics (Mavicas are great aren't they?)

A great integration of traditional Euro-Castle elements
and Ninja theme sets...I can't say enough.

I have to get off my couch and start building again...

You have incorporated many of the features I want in my
fortress...

The chains around the contest mat are a great idea!
I have been working on a garden, but I haven't been able to build anythin I
am happy with...I like yours alot.  I thought I needed more trees...now I
know it = )

I see you converted the treasure transport into a liter
to...lol..your ornamentation and color scheme is
appealing...my 3 look like boxes by comparison.

I saw the same special and taped it (adding the PBS
Viking documentary too a few months later...great source material...

I see you have the same space limitations for building that I do...Heck I
lived in an aprtment very similar to yours 3 years ago...

Thanks for sharing your work..very inspiring (for me
anyway)....KK Quah will probably love this one = )

I liked the way you staggered the sloped wall segments
and gave it the landscape-contour look...after seeing
the panoramic shots in the Great Wall special...I wanted to try to do a long
wall that is built to fit a
mountainous terrain...something large that dwarfs
minfigs...lol

Gotta love those Ninja doors!  Double height makes for
an intimidatndg presentation...that's why I made them
the focal point of my current project.

Are you dismantling this one too? or are yo going to continue to dd to it?

                        John