 Castle / 5067
  Great Eastern Wall

One evening back in January, I was watching a Discovery Channel documentary on the Great Wall of China. The next day at Wal-Mart, I found several copies of the LEGO Flying Ninja Fortress (<set:6093>) on clearance. It was almost like a sign from (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build) !

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

Wow!!!! S-weeeeet!!!!! I'll look tomorrow again, when my head's screwed on straight, but I must say it's amazing and it'll prolly look better when I'm fully awake. :-) -Shiri (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) Channel documentary on (...) found several copies of (...) clearance. It was almost like a (...) Page, the Great Eastern (...) Fan-Brickin-Tastic! I love the pics (Mavicas are great aren't they?) A great integration of traditional Euro-Castle (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) now _that_ is what i call inspired! phenomenal work, mike! i'll be drooling over these pictures for days. from the overall massive scale to the wonderful details, this is really a work of art! the mini-figs really bring the place to life. like (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) Well I am going to scrutinize the details as I utilze my insomnia to accomplish something...lol I can't wait for the Green Ninjas and Emp strngholds from S@H to arrive (and elements from half a dozen trades) John (Who is staring at his (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) look like they were added to the scenery rather than the other way around. "Organic" is the wrong word to apply to constructions of mostly stone, but I hope you know what I mean! (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) This was one of my main ideas in building the wall. How can I incorporate castle and ninja together? I had a ton of castle pieces from years of collecting, plus a modest amount of ninja pieces to provide Eastern-looking trim to the structure. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) I know exactly what you mean, because that's what I was hoping to accomplish. For the Great Wall, I built the mountain and the foothills first, and then tried to build the wall up and over the landscape. The real Great Wall is like that... it (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

Awesome work! I too like the "organic" look of the creation. It is massive but full of interesting details. While the whole thing is very cool, my favorite feature has to be the rope vine with the hanging 2x2 ninja clip flags. I haven't seen this (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

All I can say is WOW! What an amazing piece of art! This is a truly fabulous wall! I was chatting with Shiri and telling her how impressed I was with the way you brought int he disparate elements, Ninja, Wild West, Traditional & Modern Castle (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) a (...) Wow! I can see how that makes a great conversation piece! Your attention to detail was amazing, which made the landscape looked really good. Overall, awesome job! Wilson (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) Hey, Todd, I'd like to nominate this site for the Cool Lego Site of the Week. Franklin (24 years ago, 27-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) a (...) Mike, Great job on the Eastern Wall. As a real buff of oriental architecture I must say you have done a fabulous job of making the wall look realistic. The offset pieces of the ninja stone walls were well done and helped in the overall (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Great Eastern Wall

(...) Hey, I was right! It looks even better now. :-) People have said this, but I'll join in... Your use of pieces from many castle sub-themes is very unique and resouceful, and it works really well. You managed to maintain a solid look even though (...) (24 years ago, 28-Jun-00, to lugnet.castle)