 Castle / 4410 (+20)
  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) OMG! How come I never thought about that... I was in France twice, and in Germany quite a few times, but even though I've visited some castles it was (sadly) before my castle renaissance so I didn't think of those things... Well your post sure (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: No more steel in jolly old England

Jeff, mon ami, If Knights' Kingdom represents France, why oh why, are they waving flags similar to the Scottish bars (although the X is gold instead of white)? Eventually, they'll represent my kinfolk, the Irish. Oh, I could see it now, a little (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

David, it's great when you can see them first hand, I live in Australia....we have about oh 200 yrs of European history, so you can imagine what it's like for me....But with the internet and books, one can learn alot....plus it helps that I've (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) always (...) Well, (...) *Some* Americans. It depends on the building practice of the region - red "spanish tile" is all over southern California (much of it actually concrete these days). Castle roofing could also be slate or lead, but one (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) grey. (...) the (...) Being from Australia, when I visited Canada 4 yrs ago, I was surprised to see shingles and black roofs.....that's wierd to me, as nearlly ALL our roofs are red tiles...... we have ALOT of clay here....and no snow....every (...) (24 years ago, 26-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Insights from a trip to France...

(...) I'm no historian or anything, but I'd guess that the reason a lot of drawbridges are built with overhead lifting beams is for ease of counterbalancing. You hang a big heavy weight on the ends of the overhead beams, across the fulcrum from the (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Crossbow with Quiver?

Hi, Would it make sense if a minifig had a quiver but carried a crossbow? I'm sure that's where he'd put his bolts, but the grey crossbow + brown quiver looks awfully strange... Good thing there are brown crossbows available in the new Castle sets (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) Hmm... maybe a black quiver (indians sets) with a grey crossbow wouldn't look too bad... -Shiri (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Crossbow with Quiver?

(...) I think it looks OK... In fact, #4811 (Defense Archer) includes a brown quiver with the soldier. Of course, the crossbows are mounted on a special stand instead of being held... Chris (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

Hi, I just finished off my first Ninja-themed building. It actually ended up being the largest building in my city (at 13 stories). Here is a picture: (URL) is a link to my main web page: (URL) me know what you think! Brad (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) I love the way you manage to combine themes in such a flowing way, it doesn't seem at all out-of-place when you do it... (unlike some red forces attacking a penguin that come to mind <grin, duck and run>) Just a tiny nitpick... you have a typo (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Another superb addition to Lego City 2. I particularly like the dragon's forge, very malevolent and sinister, just lucky the dragons are computerised and not real, for those workers enjoying the lunchtime sun. Nice use of the black columns, I (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

Your city 2 is great (and growing fast). I had a good laugh reading the story of the Bu-ra-do complex (giant hands) and the motorcycle factory. Your description are as entertaining as your construction. Bravo! Eric. (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) doesn't (...) attacking a (...) Thanks - Where is that "penguin" site. I want to see it! (...) I fixed it and reposted the page. Please refresh on it and see if it looks right now. Sorry about that! (...) viewable, (...) I'm kind of a slacker (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Thanks! (...) I LOVE those black column parts. I was originally going to have a mirror of the white tower on the east side. In fact, I had a 6 story tower prefabricated and ready for installation, but then I received Shiri's package including (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Well- it was just some footage from a DixieLUG meeting that never got made into a site, AFAIK. But you can see the pics here (must copy&paste link): (URL) the number to 2-8 and you'll see a few "suspects" there... These are creations by Eric (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) here ya go: (URL) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

Wow! That is a really great web site. I like your castle Peter. I can't wait to see it done! Brad Shiri Dori <shirid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FtnLwp.9yu@lugnet.com... (...) link? (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) at your ninja-themed building I took another peek at Lego City 2. You have done a fantastic job of putting the pieces together. It all seems to fit so well together with all the color and "bustle" of a large city. Bu-Ra-Do is a great addition (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

  Re: Ninja-Themed, Dual-Tower Sky-Scraper

(...) Some hate those columns,but I reckon they're great. In Belville they come in cream, white, pink, brown (at least). Maybe think about a bigger castle-like structure in a similar style, using black as a very skeletal structure...(mmm,perhaps (...) (24 years ago, 27-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build, lugnet.town)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact