 Castle / 4380 (+20)
  Re: Eastern Invasion (II) continues ...

(...) I'd like to comment on the way you organized the pictures; I think that was brilliant. The order in which the pictures are made it fairly clear (to me) what part of the building belonged where. (...) LOL! Is that your son? Very cute! (...) Oh, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Possible answer to the Bird question!!!

I'm waiting for Lindsey to get back to me, he's got pics of the (I can't spell it nor do I care to try!) flying bird... we might find out soon if it's got holes on the bottom!! if he doesn't post here and just mails me about it, I'll post it right (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Old LEGO

I have new info regarding the "first LEGO Castle". On my webpage, I have pictured (1) what I had considered to be the first LEGO Castle, pictured in an ancient Model Book (it's not a catalog). However, I found a picture today of a LEGO Castle prior (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Eastern Invasion (II) continues ...

(...) Very nice! I like the fact that the structure makes sense as a physical structure (probably because its a model of a real one!). I also like the good use of modularity, so that everything can be examined and moved. The exterior is a good model (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  Re: Old LEGO

(...) John, either you've got your books mixed up or DK has re-released the World of Lego Toys without us noticing <g>. They did publish "The Ultimate Lego Book" last year, is that the one you mean? World of Lego Toys by Henry Wiencek was published (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Eastern Invasion (II) continues ...

(...) Thanks ! Took a little planning but it was well worthwhile. (...) I did try to make the interiors somewhat historically accurate. For instance, the main donjon did not have living quarters. However,typical rooms/elements include the kitchen, (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Eastern Invasion (II) continues ...

(...) Thanks for your comments! It was fun doing the pictures this way ! (...) That is my son who is exactly one and a half years old yesterday. Of course he I am training him to be a "legomaniac" when he grows up. KK (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.build)

  The Goose that layed the Lego egg...

We're in the midst of Easter Egg hunting at my house, with all my relatives here. Right now it's my turn to find them, and I'm waiting for them to be hid. Anyway, this morning I woke up, walked out to the living room, and saw it. My parents bought (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: The Goose that layed the Lego egg...

(...) Oooh, lucky duck! Too bad I don't celebrate Easter... this is my first year of NOT finding the Afikoman in Passover, bummer... :-| Well happy easter, catchya later! -Shiri (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.general)

  Re: Possible answer to the Bird question!!!

Yes it does!!!! 2x2, and he says the wings don't get in the way of putting it flat on a baseplate or plate either! Now it's just the chore of getting a couple... has anyone created a list of the sets they'll be available in yet? Tamy (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Old LEGO

(...) Wow, you're right Kevin! I was looking at the cover of one book while looking at the inside pages of the other - "The Ultimate LEGO Book" is indeed the book I referenced. I couldn't find Henry Wiencek in the white pages, although I think he (...) (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Possible answer to the Bird question!!!

(...) All right! That's the way (aha, aha, I like it, aha aha...) :-) (...) From Brickset it seems that 5934, 5987 and 5921 all have one. 5921 seems like the smallest, although 5987 isn't too large either. -Shiri (24 years ago, 23-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wooden guard barracks

(...) Hey, cool. I really like the interior detailing. The rooms look "in use", which is tricky to do. I especially like the armoury. (Hey - do you want to get together and figure out a "standard" for curtain wall sections? We've got enough (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Lego Femme Fatale : A Reprise

(...) Personally, I already have quite a few long-haired peasants. They look great with that hair, male and female alike! Too bad those aren't easier to get. The older hair & wig pack has three, which is great; but still not enough for my taste... (...) (24 years ago, 24-Apr-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Wooden guard barracks

(...) I was thinking I overdid that a bit. In a couple of cases, the equipment for one fighter just barely fits on his bed! (...) I'm game. Beware that all those grey bricks are Megabloks, however! It must be getting time for our next get-together. (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.castle)

  BrikWars in the Catacombs

All this whoo-ha about BrikWars* I don't know. It's enough to make one want to say something like this. Wanted- A handful of players to play a one turn a week, play by email (but photos provided), dungeon hack kind of game, hand wavingly based on (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming)

  Did they have paint?

Hi, Did they have paint back in the medieval ages? I'm thinking of making a gray building for example, but parts of the wall will have red "bricks" exposed. I don't think that would be correct for that time period though... Right? Bryan (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did they have paint?

In lugnet.castle, Bryan Wong writes (...) I think so.. IIRC some pigments were in greater supply than others though. (...) Well, I know that Stirling Castle, Scotland had golden-yellow daubing on the walls, partly protection for the stone, partly (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did they have paint?

(...) I just found a reference to Royal Purple paint first being used in Egypt in 1600 BC at (URL) at other references, it is clear that paint is a very early invention (the Lascaux cave paintings for example). (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Did they have paint?

(...) ...They had whitewash mixes usually, tho painting large structures was not common except real rich people. What would be (semi) common though was a brick wall with plaster covering (bricks were not as durable/weathereable, so the plaster (...) (24 years ago, 25-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact