 Castle / 4284
RE: Lego Warcraft would be soooo cool...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 20:28:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
In lugnet.castle, Tony A. Rowe writes:
The owners of Blizzard (and most of the employees) are big fans of the
miniatures game, Warhammer.  As you can probably tell, they were hugely
influenced by it in the creation of Warcraft.

Never saw any of 'em with Warhammer, but Allen bought a lot of Magic cards
from me a few years back.

After conferring with a couple of friends who worked at Blizzard, I need to
correct what I said.  Most of the employees were fans of the game Warhammer,
and many also were really into the game Necromunda.  The artists who worked on
Warcraft were heavily influenced by Warhammer (which is where the influence on
Warcraft bled in).  Allen was not necessarily a big player.

Also, Blizzard has never been out of Irvine.  They did buy another studio (who
was working on the proto-Diablo at the time) in Northern California (I think)
and named that Blizzard North.

Tony