 Castle / 4045 (+20)
  Re: My website is operational

I must say I was greatly amused by your cannon-bearing dragons and also by the (...) I was wondering if anyone would notice that, but it was pretty obvious. I used the torso-flipping technique on Titan to get an all brown torso. I think I will do (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) It's not so much that it was obvious... it just stood out to me personally. :-) (...) Glad to help! I'm using the same technique myself quite a bit and will be using it even more as I create my WP and FM armies... (Thank goodness Town has (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

(...) Fort Legoredo is good, but I also like "Boulder Cliff Canyon". It has BURPs, those grey diagonal pieces, the boulder pieces, a tree stump, etc. For a small set, I like "Rain Dance Ridge" for the grey pieces, and the blue tile. "Bandit's Secret (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

Great job! I really like the various structures. Can we see more pictures of the main castle (like a long shot)? I like the layought and highlite pictures at the top of each page. I had a hard time seeing the links though. On my browser, they come (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) There's not that many pictures of the castle because it's not yet completed, but I am further along on it than I was when I took the pictures, and I will consider taking more pics of it. I like the layought and highlite pictures at the top of (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) One Word WOW! those characters were really cool! Characters are my favorite! The Black Dragons were cool And the juggernauts looked very imposing! I have one question though were the Dragon Lancers Part of the black Dragons? I liked the way (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Although the dragons are green, the Dragon Lancers are part of the Black Dragons. Part of the reason is because I only have one black dragon. (Wasn't too excited about the Fright Nights line of sets) I liked the way you mixed a little (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Is this your own group? Or are you referring to the Black Knights? -Shiri (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Oops, where's my brain. I must be on crack. Of course it's your own group, I just saw the 2 seconds ago. -Shiri (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Non-castle Castles

I noticed that a number of people posted info regarding tan pieces. One set I found to be an excellent source of tan pieces is the Shanghai Surprise Ninja Set. It has 6 2x4 tan bricks and 4 1x6 tan bricks. How many small sets do you know have 6 (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle discussion

(...) Since I don't have access to most of my Lego, I've got to go a little smaller scale. Tonight, I finished sorting what I do have, so I've got a sense of my "resources". I'm going to build what is sometimes referred to as a "Knight's Castle". (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.org.ca.vlc, lugnet.castle)

  Town Wall

Hi folks! Because of having a problem with my FTP there had still been the old version of my homepage online. Now the new one is realy online. There is a picture of a town wall I will (hopefully) extend during the next time with houses for people, (...) (25 years ago, 4-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle) !

  Re: Town Wall

In lugnet.castle, Joachim Probst writes: <snip> (...) Joachim, I really like your wall system quite a bit. All the modular city/town walls that have been appearing are all very interesting. I especially like how you used castle wall pieces without (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  yeoman? (was "Re: Thank you for translation!")

(...) [snip] (...) According to my understanding of medieval history in England, a yeoman was a peasant farmer who wasn't a serf. What's a serf? Well, a serf was a peasant farmer who was tied to the land, but was otherwise free, as opposed to a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: My website is operational

(...) Hey! I recognize those fire markers! :-D Cool execution all around! *Excellent* use of those "useless" UFO minifig torsos and heads (that I ordinarily hate so much; I never would have imagined...)! Two thumbs up! ;-) Franklin (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Town Wall

(...) Accually he used a large amount of grey bricks, which you cant see in the pictures but which you can see if you look at the dat files. Castle pieces without windows have never been made by TLG. (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) maybe druid? :) Dan (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: possible translations (was "Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons")

(...) Well, a druid was *originally* (before D&D got ahold of it) a Celtic priest/wise man. The whole "treehugging nature guy" stuff was invented by Gygax. (Read some of the Irish tales to get a better idea of what druids really did - I highly (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

(...) Perhaps "Freeman" or "Mercenary" (if he hires himself out to fight for others) would be better? (...) From www.dictionary.com: 1. A gallant or chivalrous man, especially one serving as escort to a woman of high social position; a gentleman. 2. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Thank you for translation! (Re: New pictures of my Black Falcons)

(...) I have a question about this fellow. Is he able to bring these small animals to him from some distance away? If not, he wouldn't be a summoner. If he can just control the animals and tell them what to do, I'd call him an Enchanter. Jeff (25 years ago, 5-Apr-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact