 Castle / 3412
Re: Castle minifig packs (was Re: A good day in Shiri's Castle world)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 13:03:45 GMT

Shiri Dori wrote:

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
John Robert Blaze Kanehl wrote:
I eagerly dream of a TLG Castle miifig pack someday to bring me back to the
traditional Castles and armies...

Maybe they'll do one for Knight's Kingdom in 2001?  It's too bad they never
did one for Royal Knights/Dark Forest, I would have *loved* that.

I agree... but I think he meant a reunion castle minifig pack sorta thing...

A la "When Harry met Sally": "When Yellow Castle met Dark Forest" or "When
Forestmen met Black Falcons", or the best thing possible (IMO :) "When Royal
Knights met Wolfpack"...

No way, gotta have Black Knights in there for the best - love that armor! 8)

Or just a huge assortment of all-era castle minifigs.

Actually, as I was helping Mel the NLNLF put together the 'figs from the Dacta
Community Workers set I got her, I was *really* pining for a similar Castle set.
Of course it'd have a king & queen, but having 15-20 soldiers and then 10-15
townspeople, merchants, farmers, peasants...it'd be *wonderful*.  I'd probably
wind up with a dozen or more.

If they go the usual route,

I bet they will ;-)

Unless they don't do it at all. 8(  They didn't for DF/RK...

it will probably have the following 'figs:

* King Leo w/crown, silver broadsword, shield
* Smirking knight w/chapel de fer, sword, crossbow or maybe shield
(as if we didn't have enough of these two already)
* Cowpack leader w/dragon helm and horn, shield, maybe silver sword
* "Eyepatch" cowpack soldier w/halberd

There'd probably be one more thing in there - either a horse or (dare I hope)
one of the female figs?  I'll honestly be happy even if they decide to do the
chainmail-clad warrior that's in the two largest sets - I really like that
torso.

Yeah, me too. I think putting a female in there would end up being annoying,
although we don't want to admit it-- we'll end up with hundreds of multiples
of the specific female, that won't be highly useful. We'd even end up (Oh! The
horror!) hating them as much as Willa the Witch!!! As is, they're looked upon
as rare and Xtra cool. It would be nice if they would be available in a
slightly smaller set, though.

Well, I'm not too sure of that.  The witch was annoying because that was
pretty
much *all* she could be...a witch.  I bet if he had a more 'normal' face,
people
wouldn't be nearly as quick to get rid of her.  After all, the black hat is
cool,
and the dress slope isn't too bad either.

I certainly wouldn't mind having a few more copies of either Leonora's or
Storm's
head, and heck, even multiples of their bodies wouldn't be too bad.

I guess they could put in 'Evil Timmy' to make the fifth...but I hope not!

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m