 Castle / 2967
  [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

Hi everyone, I have a question about mutual stories and ballads. Maybe Pawel and Craig should answer this but I don't mind opening this to discussion (things are slow here anyway...) and I know they're busy... Well, if two people make a mutual story (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

Yo! (...) Yep. BUT ... I think the "Realm Getting" will not be based soley on ballads. I think it's going to be based on need as well as a committee of individuals which will decide which Realms go where and when. I think this will be the best (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Hey, man, how'ya doin'? :) (...) I think that's good and reasonable, in fact I suggested that long ago (too lazy to search) because of the same point you mentioned - not everyone likes storytelling (tho' I do!). (...) Hmm... a committee sounds (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Great? ... ;) (...) Heck ya ... Iike a good mix of this and that. I think that most things are correlated. The more you build, the easier it is to tell stories about it. The more stories you tell, the more inspired you are to build. "It's a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

Jumping in-- (...) Just to put in a bit of specifics here-- the eventual idea is that members will log on to submit ballads (not sure of formats yet)... Whichever member submits the ballad provides the names of other members who contributed to the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

I really wish we could set what the rules are down on a web page somewhere, so we could all look them over and comment, and be able to plan our realm(s) within a predictable context. Dave's post contradicts earlier posts from Pawel and/or Craig (for (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Well... the problem with that being that I don't think the rules are very clearly defined to begin with-- hence the need for discussion :) (...) I certainly don't see it as very limiting-- also, I imagine that when someone comes in, they've (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Sure, but we haven't posted a public summary of what the current ideas are. I don't expect it to be graven in stone, but I do want to see what the latest consensus is. (...) I like this idea of specifying, when you submit a creation, whether (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) Well, speaking as someone who makes castle stuff, writes castle stories about his stuff, and gives his minifigs personality, I have to confess I've become kind of apathetic about Castle World. No offense to anyone intended, it's just happened. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

In lugnet.castle, James Brown wrote a post with a lot of good stuff. Thanks, James, for putting into words what has been a lurking feeling in my mind as well. I think we're having a collective problem, in trying to tie together everyone's creations (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  More CW issues (Was: Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer)

(...) Actually, I can't agree enough. I've tried to follow what's been "current" concensus, but for the most part, it's been tough, especially with all the little nits that people bring up in non-related threads every once in a while... not to (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) And just to 'third' the motion, I have to say in general, I agree. I think the original idea was great, but when it got down to the nitty gritty details, problems arose. And furthermore, it really needs to be designed differently. How? Well.. (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

I have got a good start on whole huge region for castle world. It contains 3 surface kingdoms that I will be writing about and one subterrainian kingdom for the arachnis. I would actually like to recruit nieghbors for the edges of my map and regions (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) This is an interesting compromise. If something is completely original and new, it has less impact on the existing site, and needs less rules to make it fit in. I like this approach a lot, because it helps the cooperation and courtesy goals, (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

I now have the graphics up at the previously mentioned web site. I have noticed a few typos in the descriptions. I will fix those later. Also, I hope my imaginary names for places don't mean anything offensive in any foreign languages. Timbo (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer

(...) This is, in some sort of way, what I tried to say long ago. (...) Honestly, what I'm doing is just working on my storyline and sending it all over the place, and if it works with Castle World that's great, and if it doesn't, it'll just take (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: More CW issues (Was: Re: [CW] Mutual stories question and offer)

(...) I'll don my 'retired wizard' hat, then (staffed a MUSH for several years, including some of that as a Building Admin). (...) I know exactly how you feel about this. I've been on both types of those projects... (...) I like this. A lot. That (...) (24 years ago, 3-Mar-00, to lugnet.castle)