 Castle / 2777
  [CW] Domain Name, etc.

We're going to be getting a new domain name very soon (hopefully), so I'm going to try to get the cash for it ... I'm thinking of selling some minifigures that I designed (although some of the ideas for them are "borrowed" ... ;) Here is the lot: (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, etc.

(...) Hmm. Maybe we should organize a Castle World fundraiser. Sort of like a bake sale, but a LEGO sale instead. Interested people (presumable CW participants) could donate small (or large, I guess) MOCs to the auction and/or sale, with all (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, etc.

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote: Oh yeah. I forgot to answer your actual question. (...) Anyway, I think maybe a LUGNET auction (or maybe using Mike Stanley's BRICKS@Guarded-Inn.com) would be the best idea. Or at least heavy publicity here on LUGNET. It (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, server ...

(...) Yeah ... my thinking has been on that as well. My original plan was to put a few figs on e-bay with a link back to the site - pretty much a $.25 ad for the site;) But since we're not quite where we want to be, this has been delayed. The main (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, etc.

(...) I thought about doing this and thought about how and what I could do for it. I think doing this over e-bay would give us the most publicity ... something like a character put together and a little text. I will set up a form for this which will (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, etc.

(...) Just a note - BRICKS is no more. Won't be coming back. Exactly how much money are you talking about needing, Pawel, and for what? You'll need $70 for the Domain registration most likely. If you do setup an account at Pair (I like 'em - have 3 (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, server ...

(...) LUGNET isn't hosted _on_ pair.com, LUGNET is running on a dedicated server all by itself and its network connectivity is _provided_ by pair.com. I'd wager Todd pays a fair bit more than $29.95 per month (especially if you consider the cost of (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, server ...

<snip> (...) Well I have been stuck in airports for the last 2 days so I have missed quite a bit. I do have a few suggestions here though. 1. I think pair.com is great it is where the NELUG site ( (URL) is hosted and I have been very happy with (...) (25 years ago, 20-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, server ...

(...) Well .. being a college student, I really can't afford to fund it all myself. That's what I'm thinking about right now ... (...) I don't see us doing that at any time ... we could have "sponsors" of the page - people that would be willing to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, etc.

(...) Correct me if I'm wrong here ... can I get it for $35? 0 (URL) then there is the fee for having the URL catcher at namesecure.com. I think those are the fees that are necessary for right now. I am not really aware of any extra ones UNLESS we (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, server ...

(...) Or, you could do what a lot of "free" places on the web do. Have a base service level that is free. And offer other services for those willing to pay a fee. This could be increased disk space, more functionality, maybe an @castleworld.org (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, etc.

(...) names, yeah. There are also problems with them (from what I've seen) although most of the problems I've seen have been getting NetworkSolutions to transfer a domain to another registrar. After looking into it I knew I didn't have the time to (...) (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Domain Name, server ...

(...) And gotta do it now? (;3 (25 years ago, 21-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)