 Castle / 2345 (+20)
  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) I see nothing wrong with having lots of wizards. I've got a pretty good number myself, around 12. I think it is just a matter of personal preference. (...) As do I. I think I am up to about a dozen of them, also. I'm considering having an (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) Well, my turn to take a crack at this subject... I have been working and reworking a Ninja theme project for about a year, ever anticipating CW to appear. Luckily for me, my Fortress design allows me to switch from standard medieval implements (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) Which is why people can turn down Battle requests and can come up with a mutually beneficial outcome. :) (...) I'd say the more wizards you have, the less powerful the average wizards are. I would not bar powerful leader mages, though. Jeff (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) FTR, I have a squad of Musketeers. While I don't plan on having any more than that, I do plan on having a couple cannons, but these will be the inventions of the "wizards" who call themselves Engineers. ;) I plan to equip one Airship with (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Castle World Mapping Guide (beta)

Here is the preliminary version of the mapping guide/key for Castle World (or any other world for that matter). Castle World Maps: Key and Standards (beta version): by Tim Coats (meant for actually building the map in Lego, or in POVRay) Scales: (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) I use cannons too. Admittedly, I use cannons as anti-personnel rather than anti-structure, as with most seige equipment I build. Of course, that's because of the rules(1) I use - anything anti-structure has to be able to damage buildings (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle World Mapping Guide (beta)

Neat! Now all we need to do is convince TLC that this is neat also, and sell a map making kit with a decent variety of plates in all the colors... "Wow, you must be planning a really big map." "No, it's just the best way to get a bunch of plates in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics: Sain and Batu

(...) Looks great! I can't wait to see their history, how Sain got his 'majickal weapon', and what is the debt that Batu has to Sain... Like Pawel, I like the first-person story. I plan to do at least one or two "chapters" like that (the chapters in (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] Too many wizards???

(...) Yep.. I think this is probably the best thing about castle world... If I post an army of 550,000 mephisto-equivalents all with dragon steeds and each with his own magical mech and pistol, I'm still no more powerful than anyone else, because (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

Jeff, I totally agree. I see Jonathan's point but I think that CW is not a chronological world like ours. "History" in it is not neccessarily like ours. (This is sort of like people thinking that no life as we know it is possible on, say, Jupiter. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW

(...) My blacksmith (Atsidi) learned how to (create? and) care for firearms during his years of sea travelling. He have learned firsthand how destructive, opportunistic, and dishonorable they are, and take that knowledge into his own practice of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  I just wanna see pictures....

I think it's great that Castle newsgroup finally got daily posts on something other than new sets.. I think the CW site is a great idea... My principle interest initially is to view other people's creations while building (and trying to post (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  TCS is top notch!

I just got home from work to find a package from TCS on my doorstep. I ordered a large quantity of 4811 Defense Archer - and they (Crispin and Steph) were wonderfully accomodating. They even added a Fright Knight polybag for free! The 4811's were (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Found 6093 at Walmart for $39.00

The Walmart near work (I'm in Columbus, Ohio) has about 6 of these left at the $39 clearance price. I AM willing to buy these for people, but I prefer to open the box and just send the bags of pieces with instructions so that I can use the freebie (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: I just wanna see pictures....

(...) [...changing order of stuff...] (...) [...] (...) Mine too, and so is my project far from complete as well. I think many people feel that way, and started their creations now as Castle World began (well, aside from Pawel and Eric for (...) (25 years ago, 9-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  (CW) Realm Scale

hi y'all ~ at this point, i'm proposing scale for realms. as each realm is a square on a grid, picture that square divided 16 x16. each of these squares equals a 32x32 baseplate. does this sound good to everyone? :-) we can thank m. uring for the (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Sounds good to me, although quite big for my humble (and tiny) collection ;-) I think you might have meant 4x4 squares, for a total of 16 baseplates? And *not* 16x16 for a total of 256 baseplates? I'm sure that even for the people out there (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Could I get and island in CW?

Pawel...could I reserve the smallest island off the coast of the big island in Legocean? Alan This message's random set is: 6984, www.lugnet.com/pause...query=6984 (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Ummm... so one realm is 16 32x32 baseplates across? ie, 512 studs? This is *really* tiny! My castle, which is 80x80 studs, is 15% of my realm!! Consider the fact that I eventually plan to build a town around it, and big one to boot, I could (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: (CW) Realm Scale

(...) Each relm has 16x16 32x32 baseplates. Which is 512 by 512 studs, so 262,144 studs. Your castle is 80x80 studs which would make it 6,400 studs. So your castle is effectively less than 2% of the realm. Once you fill it up, we'll give you (...) (25 years ago, 10-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact