 Castle / 2255 (+20)
  Re: Facial Expressions ..

(...) Oh, well, that's different. Never mind. :) Steve (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not all villages should be dirty...

(...) I pass through Castle Coombe on my way to work every day. It does not look quite as rosy in the picture, and is quite a dirty place. The buildings in that area are incredibly inspiring though. There is a mediaeval church down the road that I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Not all villages should be dirty...

You live there? Cool! -- Paul Davidson Liam Parnell <liamp@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message news:FpF7FD.2IC@lugnet.com... (...) will (...) castle (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Castle Construction Progress Update w/ Pics

(...) very (...) Well, I didn't find them boring at all! I extremely liked the balcony showed in castle0.jpg, and the barn is cool too. You certainly have a lot of lego! I barely have enough for my 32x48 Lion's cove... (At least, not right now- I (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) BTW, with all the talk about removing printing from bricks - why not use "brasso" and take off the heiroglyphic print? I haven't experinmented with it (yet) but many people said it worked for them... I might try it too after I get my (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) Well... I have a tendancy of not disfiguring my Lego no matter how hideous it may be-- I have no idea why... must be a "purity of Lego" complex... Plus one of my other projects that I want to do someday is have a huge Egyptian temple/tomb... (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Flying Ninja Fortress @ $40

I found 3 FNFs at a local Walmart for $40 each. Not the greatest price but not too bad for 600-odd pieces. I bought two, left one. If anyone wants me to go back and snag it for them, LMK. J (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) I suspect it'll look OK, maybe a bit bright - but then again, all LEGO colors tend to be 'a bit bright' so it ought to be OK. Besides, LEGO hay has traditionally been yellow in all the old castle sets. 8) (...) Actually, I was thinking of (...) (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Flying Ninja Fortress @ $40

(...) I'll take it. Mail me if I won, and I'll send you my address. (25 years ago, 4-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.castle)

  Re: A village challenge winner - Bostonian punk;)

(...) using (...) with (...) LOL! You're not the only one. But and if you don't want them, many people will be glad to take them off your hands and remove the print themselves... -Shiri (URL) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Army size (Castle World)

(...) For reference purposes, my castle has a permanent garrison of only 100 or so Dragon Guards (the King's Royal Body Guards), relying on the formidable foritifications and local citizenry for defense. To this end the adjacent outerworks of the (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Army size and picture editing ...

Very nice! I see the link between graphic editing software and pictures strating to form:) One CW if fully under way, I plan on taking a picture every week and doing a little messing around with it. This week it's Dave Eaton's Village. There is a (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

Hi Castle fans, Well, lego.com added a new castle section with detailed "stories" about the Knight's Kingdom sets/characters. It's in the middle "circle", you can't miss it... (Note - I wouldn't have seen this if I wasn't baby-sitting 5 y/o twins, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce)

  Re: New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

(...) site.....Ironic that I get more info from LUGNET and RTL than I get from the manufacturer....I'll wager your site, Powell's and Castleworld in general are more entertaining, complex, and engaging in their infancy that Lego's finished product! (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

There goes my monopoly on interactive lego castle sites ... along with my self-esteem ;) They must have learned to spell from me though ... I would have to agree that shockwave (although neat for the new), is rather selective in who can watch it ... (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

(...) Did you try downloading Shockwave? (...) No comment - we all know it's true... (Dear LEGO, please start a "parent's section" with information like Prices, piece counts, inventories (?) and an online shop. (Yeah right.)) (...) Thanks! It might (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

(...) Hmmm... I'm not sure what you mean. First of all, lego's site is in no way competing with the fan-created sites. (If it were, though, it would lose ;-) But I wasn't aware that you had an *interactive* lego castle site... Did I miss something (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) thanks for your great responses, shiri. you are an excellent sounding board for ideas! you are right, shiri! this (what i wrote) isn't the best way to to organize things. signature characters should remain just that; the character each (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New "knight's kingdom" feature on lego.com

(...) The problem w/ webtv+ is that is very limited....it's a set top browser....it is incapable of downloading anything....I can e-mail, bookmark, do a webpage like craig (well maybe not like Craigo), and access much of the internet. The bonus, (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: the Balladeers of Castle World

(...) LOL! I'm glad to oblige ;-) (...) OK, that I can relate to. My realm could be "the Lion Kingdom/realm"- but I fear that'll be a way too common name ;-) I might have to change it. I have a special bond with Scar, I guess - she caused me to (...) (25 years ago, 5-Feb-00, to lugnet.castle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact