 Castle / 2266
Re: Army size and picture editing ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2000 03:56:16 GMT

Very nice!  I see the link between graphic editing software and pictures
strating to form:)  One CW if fully under way, I plan on taking a picture
every week and doing a little messing around with it.  This week it's Dave
Eaton's Village.  There is a picture right on the main site:

http://members.xoom.com/legocastle/new/

I simply added a sky and a sun.  Looks rather cozy, no?  As more and more
structures and characters come, I will be able to do more of the same with
them.  The pictures are going to be all about mood.  I think we all agreed
preserving the lego factor is crucial.  These will preserve the lego factor,
and at the same time fight the "shelves in the background" factor.

On another note - kudos to Dan for settling the army (the way I see it, it's
pretty much settled;)

Anyhow - let me know ..

-- pn

http://members.xoom.com/legocastle/new/ - the site that keeps on growin',
and where the best time to send your signature characters is ... now.

For reference purposes, my castle has a permanent garrison of only 100 or so
Dragon Guards (the King's Royal Body Guards), relying on the formidable
foritifications and local citizenry for defense.  To this end the adjacent
outerworks of the castle contains an armory capable of supplying 1000 uniformed
and well-armed "regular army" foot soldiers comprised of the local populace
(military training is mandatory for every adult).  The Dragon Gaurds field and
additional 150 mounted men abroad in the countryside to administer the King's
justice and patrol the borders. They are often supported by foot soldiers from
regular army units on training excersizes and sometimes from cooperation
brigades to patrol frontier areas with units from allied nations .  The Gunnary
School and the Royal Navy are the only units from the regular army to maintain
year-round readiness.

Dan

P.S.check out the pic of King Orleann I just posted on my castle page:

http://www.visi.com/~blackened/gallery_castle.html