 Castle / 20818
  BrickFest 2005!

Lords and Ladies, knights and peasants, As you may have seen, BrickFest2005 has been officially announced for the 12th to the 14th of August. I'm as excited as I know many of you must be! I hope to see many familiar faces as well as new ones. You (...) (19 years ago, 18-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(...) I can't help here as BrickFest'04 was my first and only Brick event, but I do hope to make it to BrickFest'05. (...) Reading the responses on the Classic Castle site, I know there was concern with last years setup being too large to the point (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(big ol' snip) As a castle outsider (I've built very little in the theme, although some days I think it would really be fun), I have to say that as Ken said, the castle layout at BF04 was almost too big. What I thought it really lacked was nice (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Ken, Thanks for your thoughts. (...) Great, I hope to see you there! (...) I agree on both points. (...) Nice! I think a community display like this depends a lot on what sort of building people choose to bring. I don't want to be telling people (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Adrian, Thanks for landing your spaceship in our little patch of the LEGO universe for a quick touchdown! The humble but noble Castleheads bid welcome their guest from the heavans/future! (...) C'mon you know you want to;) (...) Interesting, I (...) (19 years ago, 27-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(...) To be more realistic I would think that a walled City would be packed with buildings as merchants would want the protection. So with that in mind I think the area inside the outer wall was much too big for the number of buildings that we had (...) (19 years ago, 30-Apr-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Ed, Thanks for your thoughts and comments. It seems that the idea of making the CCC dispaly smaller and more compact is a popular one, and if there is space i also like your idea of having more pace ofr an outside the walls type display. To be (...) (19 years ago, 1-May-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

(...) Hello, I just want to say real quick, I think that is a smashing idea and will definitely boost the audience's appreciation of the detail and work put in, as well as their paying attention to such things. This idea sounds positive and has real (...) (19 years ago, 2-May-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: BrickFest 2005!

Hi all, Quick update on BrickFest stuff: I'm very grateful to Edward Kohl, who has kindly volunteered to help out with the Castle Room. If there are others who want to be involved, please don't be shy about getting in touch with me personally - just (...) (19 years ago, 10-May-05, to lugnet.castle)