 Castle / 1966
1965  |  1967
Subject:
Going about building a Medieval Bridge...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 16:56:04 GMT

I have been considering making some sort of bridge as my next project.  My
problem is I don't really know how to go about creating a Medieval Bridge.  So
here are a few questions that if you could help me it would be much
appreciated.

1.  What should a Medieval bridge (for a city) be constructed out of...
    A.  Stone (Gray/DkGray Bricks)
    B.  Wood  (Brown/Red Bricks)
    C.  Other

2.  What would a Medieval bridge (for a city) look like...
    A.  Open with many arched segments and footings.
    B.  Open with a long open span.
    C.  Covered with many arched segments and footings.
    D.  Covered with a long open span.
    E.  Other

3.  How wide should a Medieval bridge be (for a city) in LEGO Units.
    A.  4 Studs (Walking bridge only)
    B.  6 Studs (Walking and Horses)
    C.  8 Studs (Walking, Horses, and Carriages)
    D.  10+ Studs.

4.  Seeing this bridge would probably be a main entrance to a City does it need
    A.  Just Guards.
    B.  Guards and a Gate.
    C.  Guards, a Gate, and a Gate House.
    D.  No Guards at all.

I have some ideas for answers to these questions but seeing I am not as well
educated in Medieval structures as some of you so I would like to have some
input.

Thanks,

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group