 Castle / 19046
Re: Water wheel construction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 01:02:40 GMT

Hi Larry,

I'm curious, did you try rotating the fencing 22.5 degrees relative to the 8
clips so that each fence would be held on by 2 clips and all 8 would be used? Or
does that not work, even if you skew the clips slightly?

I looked at this. There are 20 equally spaced posts in the wheel (5 per fence
piece). So 2,4,5,10 go in equally, but not 8. I was limited by the octagon piece
to 2,4,or 8 spokes.

I tried and you can fudge with 8 spokes in real life as you suggested to get all
the clips to hold, but they are not equally spaced. You get more of a four pairs
of spokes look instead of 8 individual spokes. Hope this answers your question.

James