 Castle / 1830
Re: a name for "castle world"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:49:05 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes:
In lugnet.castle, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle, Tony Priestman writes:
On Sat, 22 Jan 2000, Shiri (<ForAMo.FL2@lugnet.com>) wrote at 21:35:12

If say we named the
Land "Studland" then some day we could have a Domain Name like
"www.studland.org".

Hmmm... Stud land, the land of the manly, studly Studs ;-)

I am NOT good at making up names so I only offer "Studland" as an example
because it has something to associate it with LEGO and sounds a little
castlish.  This is just something we might want to keep in mind.

Yes, we definitely should think about that.

How's about "BricKastle"? Or BricKastland? (as in, Brick + Castle + land)

If you want to go for a fantasy feel, how about trying to combine
elements of the founder's names?

Just using Craig and Pawel, I came up with Paraig & Cra-Awel. With more
names, you get more to work with.

That's theoretically a good idea, but there's a problem with that - who are
considered founders? Just the site designers? Everyone who offered something,
like a map, a suggestion, an idea that turned out a hit? How do you decide if
one is a founder or just a contributer? Already we have around twenty-thirty
people brainstorming ideas, how would you include them all? And if you don't
some might find it insulting...

Just my 2 cents.

If you stick to LEGO & Castle connections, you won't find anything very
original.

That's true, but we do want some inkiling to these because, after all, that's
what we're doing - lego Castles...

-Shiri

lol! pawel is still here, and we're laughing totally out loud! ~ just when
we wanted to include "shiri-wood" forest!

later ~ craig & pawel

LOL too! That's nice of you, I was just wondering if that wouldn't cause
trouble, is all...

Anyhow, if you all think that involving names is a good idea, who am I to say
no... (especially if you want to include me ;-)

-Shiri