 Castle / 1819
Re: a name for "castle world"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 23:29:36 GMT

I like the wink to Tolkien, but it seems to me that lego castles are a bit more
Arthurian than Middle Earthy.

What about "Bricktannia"?  Or a variation on Camelot, something like "Camedot"
or "Brickelot", but maybe something stupid sounding.

Of course, if you want to go with Middle Earth, there's always Buckland, in the
East of the Shire, but can only be made into Brickland, which ain't that
original, or recognizable. Or use the word "Minas" which means tower, as in
Minas Lego - Tower of lego.

I vote for Bricktannia, it has obvious references to lego, and the age of
heraldry, and it's got a good beat which is easy to dance to.

Phil

In lugnet.castle, Paul Davidson writes:
How about "Lego-Earth" ?  (after Tolkien's Middle-Earth)

Paul Davidson

   we need a name for the site! ~"castle world" sounds ok at this point,
but we'd like to hear some more ideas if they're out there!

   later ~ craig~ (& pawel)